lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
Lavorn
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default No power on EZ go

Help!!! I have a 2001 EZgo that goes very fast with the new tires and wheels, but has no power going up hills. It did have power when I put the new bigger wheels on last year but now it won't make it up the driveway? I don't see an inspection cover on the clutch to clean out or oil? I have a torque conversion kit but can't remember where or how to put it in. It is the torque spring kit that I bought 6 mos ago and now forgot where and how to install it. It is in Hawaii so I get no help from anyone to show me what to do or how. Can anyone help me with this. Thx
Lavorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No power on EZ go

Look around for some videos that show how the clutches operate. The drive clutch attached to the motor starts out open and closes with speed, the back or driven clutch starts out closed and opens up. Shift F&R lever into neutral position and watch clutches to see if they work correctly.
mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
Lavorn
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I checked on YouTube and can't find anything on how to remove and disassemble and then replace the spring in an ezgo cart. Any specific suggestions on where to look to learn how to do this job? I am isolated on an island in the North Pacific Ocean and am old, which doesn't help much. I need a lot of help these days, :):)
Getting old is not for sissies.
Lavorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #4
salinasgoodoleboy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I know there is a video out there of a guy replacing the driven clutch spring. I've been looking for it for 20 minutes and cannot for the life of me find it. Hopefully someone else will see this that has it bookmarked. Sorry Lavorn, I tried.
salinasgoodoleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #5
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's one on a driven clutch. Not exact to yours but you get the idea.

mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
salinasgoodoleboy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There it is!!! Bookmarking that for sure.
salinasgoodoleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO