lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
holmsey2012
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ethanol fuel

I know ethanol has been raising hell with small engines, this being said, I like to run non ethanol fuel. In my area the only non-ethanol fuel is super. My question is do I need to make any modifications to keep my 1986 2-stroke running proper on high test? Plug heat? timing? Carb?
holmsey2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ethanol fuel

You don't need to do anything, it will run fine on super.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
dewzer
Getting Wild

If your looking for non ethanol fuel, try here.
http://pure-gas.org/extensions/map.html.
We have one staton in town selling non ethanol fuel at $3.79gal. Pump price for plus is 3.39 right now.
Sooooo, Due to the fact I have a small engine shop at home and work at a golf course I hate ethanol with a passon. Yes it brings me business but I dont like seeing people having problems over and over caused by this crap.
Bio-Diesel as well.
I started burning this non ethanol in my 99 blazer and my wifes 08 blazer this spring.
My millage went up 3+ mpg and the wifes I am not sure of. I can feel the difference in how it runs.
Everything that comes to my shop gets the tank drained and refilled with my fuel. #1 I know it has no water or debris in it and #2 no ethanol.
I pass on the word to my customers and they can do as they please.
Check out the link and see if it helps.
dewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

We have a local mower & small equipment shop that has a big sign " Warranty void if ethanol fuel is used" We have a Marathon station that sells 89 octane alcohol free gas. I used to use av fuel (100 LL) but it was $5.25 a gallon! Alcohol is for drinking, and I don't mean by your vehicles!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If using Ethanol-blends,run Star-tron in the fuel,it negates the Ethanol.Definitely use it for storage(over 1-month).Add the required amount per gallon,drive it for at least 1/2hr,to make sure it gets into the entire fuel system,then park it.Other than that,mix your fuel the same,same plug,etc...They are low-rpm motors,they really don't get affected in performance by the fuel,like a larger 2-stroke on a sled,dirt-bike,etc..Hi-Test(gas-station grade)won't require any tuning-changes,Race-Gas is another story.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:47 AM   #6
dewzer
Getting Wild

I should have posted this link http://pure-gas.org/ instead of the one I did. sorry about that.
On the bottom of the page click on your state and it shows the city's/stations that sell pure gas. I am not much for additives in fuels but I do have to admit, Seafoam is my choice for internal clensing of the fuel system and crankcase just prior to oil changes.
dewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

SeaFoam isn't common here,but everyone I know swears by Star-Tron.Its made by Star-Brite,a Marine chemical company(cleaners,polish,maintainence,etc..).Everyo ne here sells it,and can't keep it on the shelves.My buddy tried it in his Harley when it came out,and noticed quite a difference in mileage and performance in the first tank.Its' not really a "Performance" additive,its' meant to negate the Ethanol.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #8
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
SeaFoam isn't common here,but everyone I know swears by Star-Tron.Its made by Star-Brite,a Marine chemical company(cleaners,polish,maintainence,etc..).Everyo ne here sells it,and can't keep it on the shelves.My buddy tried it in his Harley when it came out,and noticed quite a difference in mileage and performance in the first tank.Its' not really a "Performance" additive,its' meant to negate the Ethanol.
I personally would just get alcohol free gas instead of paying for gas and something to make it work!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #9
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I looked at the pure gas web site for NY, I found 1 place over an hour from me that claims to have 87 octane, the rest are 91 or higher. I run super in all my small engines with no issues, not worth the drive for 87 if it exists. I am about 45 min. south of Rochester.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #10
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The only places I know of in this area for Non-Ethanol are Cooks in Avon(the small place on Rt39,heading towards Geneseo),and the Indian Reservations near Pembroke and Medina.The small engine mfg. like Briggs highly recommend 91-octane and anti-ethanol additive in each tank of fuel.The problem is worse with older stuff,since it wasn't designed for Ethanol-use.The carb and fuel-pump get attacked because they are aluminum,and the hoses aren't approved for ethanol,so they dry-rot and split from the inside out.When we raced Go-Karts on Methanol(basically the same as Ethanol,just more purified)the tanks had to be drained and the carbs flushed with straight gasoline within 12hrs,or the carbs were destroyed(found that out the hard way!!).I know a guy that was running 20% ethanol gas from an airport in his "Flex-Fuel" Yukon,it ran like crap to the point that it started throwing Mis-Fire codes.He ran it out,refilled with 10% from the pump,and its' been fine since.This stuff is bad news.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO