lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #1
matulev1
Not Yet Wild

Default Brake Suggestions for old Medalist

As I am getting ready to finish my engine rebuild I dawned on me that I should revisit the brakes. I have a Jacobsen T1000 golf cart which is basically a Ezgo Marathon underneth a diamond plate body. I have 10 inch wheels and a home made block lift on it. The campsite that we drive it around is very hilly and of coarse I carry my kids and wife in the golf cart. I was wondering if there are any suggestions on what to do with the brakes. Has anyone switched to rear disc brake setups? Are there front brake set ups? Am I better switching the brake shoes and sticking with the drums. The cart stops, but it isn't like I can lock up the wheels and come to a skidding stop or anything. Any suggestions of which way to go, what kit to buy, where to look, any automotive cross applications would be helpful.
matulev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
kawasaki
Gone Wild
Tomberlin

Default Re: Brake Suggestions for old Medalist

I got rear machanical disc on the rear and jakes hydrolic disc on the front of my maedalist, they work great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-12-08_10.02.04.jpg (134.7 KB, 0 views)
kawasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO