lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2014, 09:08 PM   #11
Cookiebuddy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Biggest Tire on ezgo non lifted marathon?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it didn't seem like the question was ever answered: What's the biggest tire that can be used on a non-lifted Marathon?

Thanks in advance, y'all.
Cookiebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2014, 07:05 AM   #12
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

>>Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it didn't seem like the question was ever answered:

That's because it can't be answered accurately the way it's posed. It's too vague. The actual height, width of the tires and also the offset of the wheels has to be known first. Here's an example of why. I have 4 sets of '26x12-12' tires. They're all different brands and the height and width vary quite a bit. They range from 24.5" tall to 27" (actual height). The cross section (tire bulge) is different for all 4 and the tread width is too. PSI also matters. I have a pair of 26x12-12 All Trail ATV tires that increase a full inch in height from 10 PSI to 25.
army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #13
Cookiebuddy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by army View Post
>>Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it didn't seem like the question was ever answered:

That's because it can't be answered accurately the way it's posed. It's too vague. The actual height, width of the tires and also the offset of the wheels has to be known first. Here's an example of why. I have 4 sets of '26x12-12' tires. They're all different brands and the height and width vary quite a bit. They range from 24.5" tall to 27" (actual height). The cross section (tire bulge) is different for all 4 and the tread width is too. PSI also matters. I have a pair of 26x12-12 All Trail ATV tires that increase a full inch in height from 10 PSI to 25.
Ahh, that helps. Thanks, Army. So a better question might have been: "What is the maximum tire height & width that can be used on a stock non-lifted Marathon?"

Interesting about tire height vs pressure, too. With my lack of experience in the cart world, I wouldn't have thought it would have made that kind of difference.

The take-away for me on this is: if I want some extra height, then just lift the dang thing & quit worrying about close tolerances!

Thanks again ..
Cookiebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO