lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #1
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default New Workhorse Build - Opinions, etc ?!?!?!

Started a new thread, I'm hitting the wall with the New 2006 MPT build - I installed a brand new rebuilt 373cc Motor from CT Rebuilds, new 28deg Driven w/Spring (yep - overkill but that's OK by me), Gates Belt, Jakes Lift, 14's with 23's, new HD rear springs, new seats, new paint - but I'm at the "Cosmetics" point now and somewhat stuck.

It's just too "Dark" - I'm thinking some diamondplate or ?? somewhere - I have a custom roll bar being fabbed up that should be done this week, depending on how it comes out I am going to also do a smoked acrylic "Shorty" windshield (both 2.25" tubing, both black) - I'm leaning towards Diamondplate Running Boards, Kick Plate, and possibly Grille Inserts - anybody seen something cool that maybe I haven't and wants to post a pic or two for inspiration?

OH - as to the driving, she's a puller like CRAZY (likely going to drop the gearing soon as I'm only getting about 26-28MPH out of it as it's geared) and for some reason I had to adjust the toe-in to almost .90" to get her tamed down on the pavement, but as far as actual performance mods I think I'm pretty wrapped up, had to rejet and replace the stock exhaust as once again, the "Other Half" wasn't a fan of the "Header" sound, LOL ...

Inspire Me, Please !!!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2014, 09:37 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: New Workhorse Build - Opinions, etc ?!?!?!

Chrome or stainless brush guard would help as well as diamond plate rockers. Kick plate is tough on these as the air intake in the body would keep the plate from lying flat. Maybe a chrome steering column tube?

And have to ask, why is the shifter upside down ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:51 AM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I have the ability to have the plate cut however I need, so I'd likely let the blue vent/intake show through by having it cut out ... The handle is a funny story, the first cart I ever built came with no handle (as well as a lot of other missing things) but long story short, I installed the new one upside-down and have just become used to it so I do it to most of my personal carts, LOL ...

The Tube, that's a good idea - I already have the roll bar and possibly windshield being done in black, and I really like the beefiness of the factory brush guard - I shudder at thinking what it would cost to chrome, would a Diamondplate Shock Guard in front possibly be "too much" ?!?
Old 06-25-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
loflyer2880
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

what about the bed/ cargo box? They always seem too long for the wheelbase. Just my 2 cents
loflyer2880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:16 PM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I did the 'ol "Tinfoil, Scotch Tape, and squint" trick in the sunlight today, LOL - I think I'm def going with the rockers, kick, and column ... I've tried everything to get the numbers off the box without damaging the texture of the plastic (tested in inconspicuous spots, of course) and I thought I was piped, BUT THEN I remembered I had an old front emblem in black and chrome from another TXT, perfect - covers the numbers, looks appropriate, and another one is only going to run me $12 - so far so good.

To set it all off, the wakeboard speakers I am getting for the rollbar come in chrome, so I think I may have found my eventual scheme, LOL
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO