lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2014, 03:12 PM   #11
falconer_39
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 86 ez go gasser

ok
how do i check the reed valve and fix that
also i have notice that when i remove the spark plug and put my hand over the carb opening is has real good suction but when i put the plug back in
it sucks my hand in then blows it out i have never incounter this before
and so if the reed valve are messing up that would also my my compresion weak to right
and on my gas pump it put out alot of gas but when you put your finger over the gas line hose it does not have any pressure on it to blow your finger from the hose does it suppose to have any kind of presurre
just wondering
thank you guys for all your help
im trying to get this golf cart running so my wife can take our daughter who is in a wheelchair riding around in it
my son and i have scooter we ride around on the dirt road we live on and i just hate leaving her home while we are riding the scooters
falconer_39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2014, 05:27 PM   #12
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

When the plug is out there is no back pressure. The reeds need to seal flat to stop the back pressure from coming back out of the carb. Pull them and see if they are curved away from the seating surface. They still are available on some sites so you can replace them if necessary. The fuel pump should spurt out fuel when in operation but its not a ton of pressure. If its pulsing out then I wouldn't worry much about it. Your reeds are the thing at the moment to contend with.

watch this animation to better understand it:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/tra...wo-stroke2.htm
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:12 PM   #13
ldj1002
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccowboy View Post
When the plug is out there is no back pressure. The reeds need to seal flat to stop the back pressure from coming back out of the carb. Pull them and see if they are curved away from the seating surface. They still are available on some sites so you can replace them if necessary. The fuel pump should spurt out fuel when in operation but its not a ton of pressure. If its pulsing out then I wouldn't worry much about it. Your reeds are the thing at the moment to contend with.

watch this animation to better understand it:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/tra...wo-stroke2.htm
Falconer_39 That is a very goo animation that sccowboy sent. You will see the valve isn't hinged like that but is flat pieces of spring steel. If they are curved up and don't lay flat,---bad. Check to see that some carbon or something hasn't got under one keeping it from closing all the way.

sccowboy thanks for that, I'm saving it
ldj1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:47 PM   #14
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

That animation doesn't really show the port on the intake side of the piston which forces the fuel / air mixture under the piston through the crankshaft bearings for lubrication, and then through a chamber on the opposite side to the top of the piston.

That's why the crankshaft seals are so important.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:17 AM   #15
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

I got to thinking about something else.... If the reeds look good, could you also have a clogged muffler? If you have't already, consider pulling the muffler and bbq it. Several ways to do it but you could get a pit of charcoal going and put it in the coals until its glowing hot. It will "cook" the deposits out and once its cooled you can shake/blow all that junk out of there. But do still verify the reeds are closing properly.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:34 PM   #16
falconer_39
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

ok thanks guys
sorry i have not got ten back with yall
i have been having a very hard time getting loged in but i think i fixed it now
but any way i got the cart running im haveing trouble with the drive clutch sticking tell me if this is normal
i rev the engine up and it snap closed very hard im afraid the way it snap it might make my wife loose control when it engages
i thouhgt they engaged smoothly and when you turn the engine off it snap open half way
i have the belt off of it right now does the belt help it open all the way from pressurer from the dreven clutch
and today i was working with it and my hot wire coming from the silanoid going to the ignitor grounded out on my carb
crazy me forgot the wire nut came off now it will not crank it will turn over but not hit a lick tell me i did not just burned my ignitor out
i seen a puff of white smoke that i thought came from the v/r but im preety sure i got my ignitor too
how can i check my ignitor and v/r
it does not sound too good for the cart right now
and also is there a drain on the engine any where so i can enmpty my block
its a 2 stroke engine and i took the muffler off i thought it was clogged but it was in good shape but now when i rev the engine up before i toasted the ignitor the little pipe coming from the exhaust is shooting out alot of what looks like rusty water it does not smell like gas and oil mixture so i was thinking the engine might have alot of water in it
the guy i got it frome left the seat off the cart for a few years
thank for all your help
dave
Old 10-14-2014, 08:27 AM   #17
falconer_39
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

now what
ok i tryed to take my clutch off this morning
i took the long bolt out with no problem but when i tryed to slid the clutch off it would not come off i beat on it with a hammer but it will not come off
my question is with the bolt out is it not suppose to slide off or am i confussed
i know you might have to use a puller to get the pulley that the starter/gen belt goes on but i thought that that big head with the rollersin it suppose to slide off and leave the shaft and gen pulley on the crank
im wanting to take that head off so i can clean it and see if that would fix the clutch from snapping shut
i think its sticking and i want to clean the shaft and see it that will fix it
Old 10-14-2014, 12:08 PM   #18
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

You need a clutch puller. It's a long rod with threads near the top. Put grease into the opening and then insert the puller. Start the threads by hand then hit it with an impact. It will pop right off. DO NOT BEAT IT WITH A HAMMER. You will damage it. Good luck
Old 10-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #19
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

I don't think there is anything wrong with that clutch.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #20
falconer_39
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

hey guys thanks
ok cart around i was thinking something was wrong with it the way it snaps closed and snaps open
i was looking on u tube and they showed one that closed smoothly and open smoothly that why i was wondering if my was sticking some and how to make it smooth again
just trying to make sure its running right before i let my wife carry our handi-capped daughter on it i would never forgive myself if it in someway made my wife wreck it and hurt her and our daughter
if anyone gets hurt i rather it be me
thanks again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO