lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2014, 01:59 PM   #1
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Anything to look for in the newer RXV with the 400cc Kawi engines?

Going to upgrade carts. I am really liking the EZGO due to the them having the largest stock engine (that I am aware of) with the 400cc, and their availability here where I am at. Anything I need to be aware of or look for with a used cart? Any issues with that motor or EZGO's newer carts? It will have3 a 6 inch lift and larger tires. I currently have a 1987 Marathon 2 stroke so Im impressed with 30 years out of a cart and still going strong.
dchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2014, 02:33 PM   #2
chrisp6108
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anything to look for in the newer RXV with the 400cc Kawi engines?

id say look at the usual stuff, suspension parts for excessive wear and such, also for smoke when cold starts, if its currently lifted then the dip stick wont show proper oil levels so cant use that too much to check. maybe if you can check compression and rocker clearance , as well as drive belts and other lack of maintance you see, if i was spending that much and seen a cart with a bad belt and alot of small things that is clearly lack of maintance, what else would he be hiding?
chrisp6108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:21 PM   #3
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Let me ask you this, with very low financing available on a new is it worth the extra couple thousand to get a new cart over say an 09-12?
Old 10-15-2014, 04:55 PM   #4
chrisp6108
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

ill ask you this, why are you looking to upgrade?
Old 10-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #5
chrisp6108
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

and what are you wanting to do with the new cart if you get one.. because what you WANT will depend on the answer , as for why.... again same thing, just really depends on what your expecting out of the cart to meet your needs is the biggest thing.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The early versions of the Kawi setup in the ezgo had clutch issues. My 09 when I got it had a ridge worn in the drive clutch. They also had driven clutch issues. Ezgo figured this out and the new ones come with a team clutch setup. Not as fast but much more torque. Because they had issues ezgo came out with a package deal of both clutches and belt for the price of the original clutch.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:04 PM   #7
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

The one in my profile does fine. Use it around our camper but some rough terrain so want off road capabilities. Looking for a 4 stroke that is quieter and my current cart is nearly 30 years old. Son also has CP and an ATV for him to drive is a no go as he cant ise hos right arm which os tje trhottle. He will eventually drive the cart. And we also want one with a rear seat. I have 5 acres and could use it around the yard
Old 10-16-2014, 06:09 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Mine with the old clutch pulled fine hut with newer Team clutches it pulls like a beast with my big 265 lb butt in tow it will climb a pretty good grade and stay above 20 mph
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:19 AM   #9
chrisp6108
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

honestly sounds like just a good used 4 stroke is what your looking for. if you want to go that new of a one like what he said with the clutch setup. its all up to what you wish to go with at this point as sounds like your just wanting a more quieter and something with some offroad compatibility. good luck finding a new toy
Old 10-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #10
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

yessir thats about right. Was looking around a little and like the newer EZGO's. Just thought I would see if there was any red flags to look for. thanks for the help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO