lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2024, 05:41 PM   #91
gogolftoday5
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV and Liberty Lithium max speed tuning 30MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCartBoy View Post
What version of Windows are you using? I had issues with checksum fault when I moved to a new laptop, fix was copying my cached 1314 files from old to new PC.
Windows 10 laptop. This is first and only instance of 1314 (or any related software) I have installed - just yesterday. I did install 1314 before FT_Prog, but wouldn't think that would have made a difference.
gogolftoday5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2024, 05:58 PM   #92
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

YAT confirmed your cable and controller work, so just keep trying to connect with 1314, it's an older program and doesn't always cooperate.
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 11:04 PM   #93
gogolftoday5
Not Yet Wild

After multiple retry, reboot, scratch head, uninstall, reinstall, retry. I am at a loss. I have either missed something simple or I have a bad piece of hardware. When I look at Device Manager, I see an issue in the Events info saying device "requires further installation" yet Device Status says "This device is working properly" and I have no issue connecting to controller thru YAT.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1309EVENTS.jpg (39.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-11-2024, 07:20 PM   #94
gogolftoday5
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2021 RXV Elite Freedom with 1206AC-5241 controller. I ran into 2 issues when trying to tune my cart. In the end, success!

1. I got a "checksum error" in the 1314-4402v4.6.10 when attempting to connect to controller. I was able to connect thru YAT, so I figured it had to do with order of installation, since I didn't follow instructions in exact order. I tried to uninstall/reinstall, but the only thing that worked for me was to install software on another laptop. My takeaway is follow steps (exactly) from satfrx post #1151 in the extensive curtis programming thread. Don't get ahead of yourself and don't read to far into other posts unless they pertain to your specific controller.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...postcount=1151

2. Since things weren't working, I got hung up on Events log in the Device Manager for 1309 Port. It said "device...requires further installation", but that is normal and had nothing to do with my problem in the end. By trying over and over to reprogram cable with FT_Prog and change entries in registry, I made a simple mistake and wrote entry for IAD instead of IAL. So, if you are running it to problems, it is likely a simple mistake.
Old 01-11-2024, 07:25 PM   #95
gogolftoday5
Not Yet Wild

All that said, my ultimate feature would be to have a switch that allows going between street mode vs off-road. May not be possible without getting a different controller. Anyone tried that or have knowledge?
Old 01-11-2024, 07:56 PM   #96
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogolftoday5 View Post
All that said, my ultimate feature would be to have a switch that allows going between street mode vs off-road. May not be possible without getting a different controller. Anyone tried that or have knowledge?
Well, if by switch you would accept a 1313 handset. And by toggle it you would accept going into the menu and changing profiles, then yes 😁.

Some of the other ezgo models had a rabbit turtle switch to do it, unfortunately not on the RXV. But maybe one day someone will make one that changes the profile selection on the fly, something like the FastRXV mod.
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 08:16 PM   #97
gogolftoday5
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCartBoy View Post
Well, if by switch you would accept a 1313 handset. And by toggle it you would accept going into the menu and changing profiles, then yes 😁.
Not quite what I had in mind

Quote:
Some of the other ezgo models had a rabbit turtle switch to do it, unfortunately not on the RXV. But maybe one day someone will make one that changes the profile selection on the fly, something like the FastRXV mod.
That is what made me think of it. I read about someone trying to program a model that had the rabbit turtle switch when doing speed tuning research. I will enjoy the newfound speed / accel until then!
Old 01-24-2024, 10:29 AM   #98
nrfrey
Not Yet Wild

Just wanted to provide a quick update. I was finally (holiday schedule backup) able to get my cart into the dealership (after resetting all the controller parms of course). They replaced the encoder at no charge as it was still under warranty. Brought it home, reprogrammed it, and all is good.
nrfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 07:32 PM   #99
gogolftoday5
Not Yet Wild

Looking to make a few adjustments now that I have had a chance to play with my speed upgrades, but wanted to see if someone could point me to the best parameters to adjust rather than me just guessing.

I wanted to dial back the speed a couple of MPH, 31 is pushing it for me and my conditions. I was thinking of 28-29. Would that be Speed to RPM in vehicle configuration section. Currently set to 345, maybe to 310? Or should I be doing this in the Power Limiting Map subsection?

Also wanted to adjust the deceleration (regen). Is see a Neutral Decel Rate LS/HS and Partial Decel under Fine Tuning. I also see a Decel category with Coast LS/HS, Mild LS/HS, Heavy LS/HS. Just seems like it could use a little more "engine braking". Any recommendations?

Tags
1206ac-5241, 1206ac-5250, curtis only motor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO