lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2023, 11:39 AM   #11
Surfnturf
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Decision time for batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
I bought a $1700 100 ah pack off of Amazon a couple of months ago and it's working flawlessly. Granted, my cart is in a flat campground with a 15 mph speed limit and my cart doesn't have monster upgrades. It's lifted and has a PQ Bandit in it, though.

For me, it's completely illogical to have a $4000 battery in a $3000 golf cart that isn't being driven like a car. The cost / benefit just isn't there.
There in is my dilemma and I’m in more like a $300 cart.
If it works out that an electric cart will meet my needs I might consider upgrade to 48 in the future.

Leaning toward FLA now
Surfnturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2023, 11:44 AM   #12
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfnturf View Post
There in is my dilemma and I’m in more like a $300 cart.
If it works out that an electric cart will meet my needs I might consider upgrade to 48 in the future.

Leaning toward FLA now
48V will give you more of a bump in performance then sticking at 36v and going lithium I would argue.
jasonojordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 03:28 PM   #13
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Buy once, cry once! No water (huge deal for me!), less weight, more range, don't need to charge every time (debatable!), etc.

Good luck whichever way you go
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 09:44 AM   #14
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I should have added that the pack that I bought has around a 400 amp surge capacity for about 1.5 secs. If I was using a cart like some of the folks on this site do, would that be enough? I don't know. My cart is "weekend only" in very flat area in Ohio with low speeds, though. I didn't need a "cream of the crop" pack and wasn't about to drop $3k for such light use. I really think my last sentence is important. Not everyone's cart usage is the same and it's ok to lower performance expectation to match need.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car