lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
rgcars
Not Yet Wild

Default problems with older yamaha gas

hello to all.. i have an older yamaha gas cart not sure what year it is (couldnt find the plate) i have no power anywhere... there is a 10amp fuse by the solenoids that was blown so i replaced and they continue to blow.. with tells me i have a short or something along the lines of that... can anyone tell me where to start or if there is any real common components or problem areas? thanks!
rgcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: problems with older yamaha gas

You have a short somewhere. Make sure nothing is grounding to the frame. Yamaha's are notorious for blowing that fuse if anything: lights, etc... are grounded to the frame.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:01 PM   #3
rgcars
Not Yet Wild

i have pull all the lights etc.. off the battery. Im trying to go direct to the starter gen. there are 3 black wires going to it (A1, A2 on end and F on the side) i have tried bypassing everything and hooked up the ground to the "F" cable on the side and then the positive on the red no go though? i turned the motor over by hand everything is loose. not quite sure if that direct hook up would make it turn over or not? i also bypass the pedal switch,(closed all 4 wires together.) thanks alot for your help ..im an ezgo guy myself if you have any problems with them drop me a line..
Old 03-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Just in case you forget how the cables go to the starter/generator here is the order:

F2 (front of st/gen) connects to short pos. cable coming off the solinoid, A1 (passenger side bottom) connects to the neg. side of battery, A2 (passenger side top) wraps around to the back of the starter/generator to F1 (small red cable from side to back of st/gen.).

And thanks for the help in the Ezgo section. We appreciate any help we can get.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:40 AM   #5
rgcars
Not Yet Wild

I did some more checking on this cart.. i think it is a G1 . I have all the wiring right on the starter/gen. I was just wanting to put voltage directly to it so i new it was good i hooked positive (jump wire) to the red and the neg to the two posts on the solenoids... it turned it over. i still have a short blowing that fuse... you know of any online manuals..troubleshooting charts.. or anything of the sort? thanks!
Old 03-28-2008, 12:41 PM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Is this a 2 stroke or 4 stroke cart?

Old 03-28-2008, 01:25 PM   #7
rgcars
Not Yet Wild

It's a 2 stroker
Old 03-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #8
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

It's a G1 then. Hopefully one of the G1 gooro's will chime in here. I don't have any wiring diagrams other than what's on Yamaha's site: http://yamahagolfcar.com/partsandservice/

Old 08-07-2008, 09:31 PM   #9
shepherd73
Not Yet Wild

Did you get your problem fixed? I am having the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.
shepherd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha