lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
Electroman1975
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 95 ds idles but won't rev up

I have a 95 club car carryall 2 plus. We have had it for months now. My friend that sold it to me had the engine professionally rebuilt, prior to selling. This thing has run great up until now. The other day, my wife ran it out of gas. I put gas in it, it started right up, but will not rev up to engage clutch. I reached back and made sure the transmission lever was engaging proper, and it was. It just sits at idle no matter if I push the pedal or reach back and grab the throttle cable connection at the carburetor. I checked the fuel line in tank and it is clear and free of obstruction. When I disconnected the hose from fuel pump to the tank, i felt suction. I unhooked fuel line from fuel filter (after the pump going into filter) and it was pushing out gas, when I held it down to floor, but not when I held it up in the air. I am wondering if the pump was on it's last leg or if it normally just puts out a trickle. I also removed intake hose from air box, to make sure it wasn't an air restriction. No luck. That is all I have done, and wanted to see if anyone has run into something similar before I take carb off. I just ran out of gas, and now this?

Here are my questions..........

Does the fuel pump shoot fuel out or trickle?
Would draining the carburetor of gas (running it out of gas stupidly) cause the need to be primed in some way?
As I type this, I wonder if my fuel filter got sucked dry, and something is clogged at the top? but why would it idle every time I fire it up still?

Please help if you can.....
Electroman1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
Electroman1975
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 95 ds idles but won't rev up

Update:

I retraced my steps after I put a new fuel filter in. I noticed that no fuel was getting to new filter. Started cart with supply hose off the fuel filter, and I got nothing. I removed and blew out vacuum line from crankcase to fuel pump, to make sure there was no oil clogging the flow and affecting pump. It was clean. So.... my guess is that when we ran it out of gas, it may have sucked up crap from bottom of tank, and clogged the pump.

What boggles my mind is that there is suction in the line in the tank, and there is pressure coming out of pump, but no fuel? Do these need to be primed in some way?
Old 09-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #3
Electroman1975
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

update......

As I was typing my last update, the idea of the fuel pump needing primed really stuck with me, so I Googled it. Low and be hold, it brought me back to another thread on this forum. Funny how you can search this forum for your problem and you can't find it, but if you Google it you can.

YOUR PUMP NEEDS PRIMED! How do you do that? Turn engine on, take off gas cap, put rag around filler hole, and BLOW into your gas tank a few times. Make sure the seal is good. To be honest, I didn't use a rag. I just put my whole mouth around filler hole, so I could pressurize the tank with no leaks. Tasted like gas, but worked. Took me 3 and the engine began to purr and I saw fuel in the filter again. My kids are out riding it now!
Old 09-24-2014, 07:02 AM   #4
miker
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

just for chuckles take the carb bowl off and take a look I bet there's a ton of junk in it
miker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car