lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2018, 01:32 PM   #1
lockheed3
Not Yet Wild

Default DeltaQ 912 charger interlock

I have searched and can not find how to use the charger inter lock from a DeltaQ 912 series charger with ClubCar. The closest I got was a reply from Sergio to someone else.

I have been tasked to try and get the interlocks working to prevent the operators from driving off while the carts are plugged into the wall. (smart operators)

From what I can tell it that ClubCar wants to see batt+ while charging on pin 5 (1515 controller) but when charging the deltaQ does not provide that. It provides batt+ when turned off on the green wire. When it is charging it does not provide a ground either or I would use a 48volt relay. Its actual output is .277v while on and charging.

Thanks in advance for any and all help. This site has helped me transform from an auto tech to being able to start understanding golf carts.
lockheed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2018, 02:06 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: DeltaQ 912 charger interlock

Would help if we know more details about the carts you're working on.
How many of them, what years, and what drive systems? IQ, Series, excel?
Serial numbers would help.

I don't know if Club car ever used the 912 from the factory. Prior to 2014 they used an OBC which would probably be bypassed to use that charger. The OBC is what provided the signal to lockout the controller during charging.

Newer carts that use the Delta Q IC650/ ERIC charger don't have the OBC, the lockout function is handled by the controller, but it gets the signal from the charger. The signal is present all the time while the charger is plugged in whether it is charging or not.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:14 PM   #3
lockheed3
Not Yet Wild

We have about 700 golf carts of various models. Right now I am attempting a Precedent that originally had the ERIC system but it was removed for a DeltaQ. And I am also doing a JR1206 Carryall6. The most common ones I have are the Precedent, Villiagers, Carryall 2, and the Carryall 6.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:15 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That model charger has an internal relay powered by the AC input voltage that has the interlock wire on the NC terminal of the relay and the pack positive connection on the COM terminal.

When You plug the charger to AC, the relay closes and removes the pack voltage from the interlock terminal.

The ERIC precedents have a 10kΩ pull-up resistor connected to the Controller pin #5 blue wire that keeps that line "high" while the ERIC charger is not connected, when You connect the ERIC charger to the cart, it shorts pin #5 to negative.

I am not sure if the 1515 Controller is looking for the absence of the "high" signal or the presence of the "low" negative signal to go into lockout (The OBC just looked for the absence of "high").

The easiest way to verify that is to cut the Blue wire that goes into the Controller pin #5, if the Controller goes into lockout, You just have to wire the Blue wire from the Controller pin #5 directly to the DeltaQ 912 charger interlock pin.

Also insulate the cut blue wire that goes into the harness.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:47 PM   #5
lockheed3
Not Yet Wild

Thank you sir. I will try that in the morning and post my findings.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:09 PM   #6
lockheed3
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Sergio, and Fairtax4me. I couldn't wait so I cut the wire and it would not move. I then reconnected it to make sure there wasn't another issue since I haven't worked on this scooter in a few weeks, and it started working again. So then I connected it to the green wire on the DeltaQ and it locks out as desired. So this controller is in fact looking for the absence of the high voltage.

Would that be common for most of the ClubCars (Curtis controllers)?
Old 10-23-2018, 03:23 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheed3 View Post
Thank you Sergio, and Fairtax4me. I couldn't wait so I cut the wire and it would not move. I then reconnected it to make sure there wasn't another issue since I haven't worked on this scooter in a few weeks, and it started working again. So then I connected it to the green wire on the DeltaQ and it locks out as desired. So this controller is in fact looking for the absence of the high voltage.

Would that be common for most of the ClubCars (Curtis controllers)?
Yes, it appears that way, the Curtis Controllers in the OBC version also just look for the absence of the high signal to go into lockout mode.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:01 AM   #8
cocoabill
Not Yet Wild

So if using a Lester Summit II 1050W in place of an Eric charger would you then in stall 10K resister at plug to green wire to assure absence of high signal to simulate Eric charger?
cocoabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:41 AM   #9
cocoabill
Not Yet Wild

I just opened up the Eric charger and it looks very simple the ground plugs tide do the black negative terminal. This is also the way they show it in the 1050 manual.
cocoabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:42 AM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

On a cart with the OEM ERIC system the 10kΩ pull-up resistor is in the harness so all You need is for the external charger to provide a low signal on the "sense" wire.

Tags
club car, deltaq, interlock compatability, quiq
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car