lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2019, 09:22 PM   #21
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Frankenstein Lifted 98 Club Car Jeep Body Kit

Do what you want. If it were my cart I would replace the spindle. BTW it is the old style for sure it has the hole for the carter pin.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2019, 12:27 AM   #22
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

That’s all pitting from corrosion due to water intrusion. Won’t really hurt anything as long as there’s no scale or dirt in there. You don’t want any grit or scale in there getting in your new bearings and ruining them. The surface that the inner seal rides on looks kinda rough but as long as you stay out of deep water it shouldn’t matter much. Have seen some spindles way worse off than that.

Clean it off well with a wire brush and knock down any ridges or rough spots with a file. If the bearing is getting hung up on that pitting then file or sand that stuff away until it slides over easy. Once the hub slides on easy put a coat of clean grease on the spindle, stuff some grease in the center of the hub between the bearings and put it all together.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:01 AM   #23
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I would agree, spindles aren't that expensive, I would probably just replace it so it's one less thing to worry about. It'll work fine once you get the new hub to slide on the current spindle, but the bearings will wear faster than they would without the pitting. As said, the seal surface is rough too, and it's not going to seal properly to keep water and stuff out.

sweet looking cart though
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car