lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
lburel
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1989 Marathon problem

My cart needed a new speed controler, so i replaced it. I have 36 volts all the time at the motor when the cart is in F and R but cart does not move. Motor worked when i moved it to where I replaced the Controler. Wired to diagram here and it still does not move.. Any idea's???
lburel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2009, 11:37 PM   #2
iaefebs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1989 Marathon problem

If your sure your cart is an 1989 then I believe it started out life as a resistor cart. Are you saying that it is now a controller cart? That would mean that a previous owner upgraded your cart to controller or did you? Where did you get your wiring diagram? Did you label your wires and then replace them the same way? How do you know the new controller is good? A little history would help. A picture of your battery tray area would help also. Welcome to the forum.
iaefebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:30 AM   #3
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

89 was the first year of controller carts from EZGO. Here is the wiring diagram for the resistor system. Trace and confirm all connections.

pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:45 AM   #4
lburel
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

it is a resistor cart. the LRS called it a speed controler. I got the wiring diagram here on this forum. All wires went back to where they belong. Now when I turn on the keyand put it if F or R, it has 36v to the motor on all contacts before I push the petel down. The cart does not move at all now. It worked an hour before.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:06 AM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

You have something miswired. Just an FYI, You don't use the first contact on the wiper board. First contact shouldnt have any power. Bottom contact is first. What diagram did you use from here, link please?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #6
lburel
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

This is the wiring diagram i used to put it back. I originally wired it to this and it worked fine. Now Im Lost...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ez-go2.jpg (61.6 KB, 30 views)
Old 10-18-2009, 09:48 AM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lburel View Post
This is the wiring diagram i used to put it back. I originally wired it to this and it worked fine. Now Im Lost...
Is the solenoid sticking? Check the wiring against the one PG posted.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:59 AM   #8
lburel
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It is a new solonoid. It is not sticking. When I turn on ign and depress the gas pedal it sends power to the other side..Im printing both diagrams to see how they match.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #9
lburel
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok from everything i can see they are the same. the only thing that is different in my wiring is that I dont have a reverse warning switch. Im going to go back and recheck wiring again..Ill let you know the outcome...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO