lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
sleddawg
Not Yet Wild

Default looking 4 info(year if matters,c.c.,speed)

I just bought a yamaha w/what may be a crude lift and 22" tires we're thinking it's a G-1, I read the S.S. and ID's on the bumper which it maybe but it did not come with the bumpers. It all so has a bad rod (rod moves side2side) so I was wondering are G-1's all the same?
This is my second yamaha cart looking in the forum think it was a G-9 it did not run so I gutted it as a training reg for my sled dogs tell after 8 years the frame gave out, the G-1 I want to scout trails, lose run dogs,let dogs pull it,and just have fun. So I would like to know the C.C. and how fast with the gov. by past can I exspect it to go?
sleddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
BigCountry79
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: looking 4 info(year if matters,c.c.,speed)

maybe 18-19 mph
BigCountry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

G1 is the only 2 stroke, the whole body lifts up, giant muffler in front of engine, look here:
http://www.yamahagolfcar.com/corpora...rtimeline.aspx

IIRC the 82 G1 has a different cylinder on the engine. Most things are the same otherwise.

Lifted with 22s you can get them over 30mph, but depends on how good it runs and what if any mods you do to it. That is on flat ground, on a road or drive. You can also swap a yamaha bravo sled motor into it and get more power. Other engines you have no reverse unless you swap the trans.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:18 PM   #4
sleddawg
Not Yet Wild

thank you sho305 and BIG COUNTRY79,getting it running is first priority, I think I can see mods in the future. Now with the bravo motor swop would have reverse or not?
sleddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The Bravo you can adapt the G1 crank trigger to it, so yes it runs backwards just like the original engine. I don't know of another, but a few have posted on here they did it with 250 bravo. If you find the right old sled I was told they made up to 400cc with that engine, possibly 70s yamaha sleds, but I can't verify that. You can do some things to the G1 but its limited by small ports and the exhaust. There is a place that hops them up, people have run a banshee pipe on them too with porting. I had one cut the head and massaged the exhaust port, advanced the timing, adjusted the clutch, it ran pretty good I raced a motorcycle back then he said I was doing 30mph. It was all stock on the outside. I used to do huge powerslides in gravel and wet grass, and it would smoke the tire on pavement.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha