lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2011, 11:05 AM   #11
sandra
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1988 Parcar..I'm back..with useless motor.

I would like to thank everyone who has helped and put up with me for all this time... I did find one..$200. and I will have it here in a couple of weeks.

Thanks a huge THANKS!!! to everyone.

I am hoping that when i get it I won't have anymore problems...I will send pics...but don't laugh..I am doing the cart all by myself...
Take Care all and I will be back soon...
Sandra
sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #12
crash12888
Gone Crazy

We will be waiting to assist in any way when you get it.
Don't feel like you have to be talking about just your cart to be on here, read posts, follow other threads with similar issues you have and ask questions or just hang out if ya want.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #13
sandra
Not Yet Wild

I would like to thank everyone for all the kind words...I feel so special when I come in here...I will be getting my carb sometime this week....I am not letting my husband put it on as he has a hard time with the fact that he can snap a bolt without even trying....I now know how easy it can be to crack the carb when installing it....Any suggestions for me...I don't want to tighten it up to much ...but at the same time I want to make sure it is snug without cracking it...Are there any special ways to do this? I am so scared that I might crack it and then I will be back to square one...even at 58 yrs old I still have good arm muscles...loll

Some one asked me why my husband had 2 black eyes...I replied and said..he didn't listen the first time...

Sandra
Old 06-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #14
bob tawney
Not Yet Wild

I have alot of parts for Columbia par car is that what you have
bob tawney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #15
sandra
Not Yet Wild

Thank for replying Bob...

Yes I have a 1988 Par Car...All is new...New motor and a new Carb...I just installed my carb..but I think it needs to be adjusted...It takes along time to get going in forwards and backwards...I bought the carb new...but I am not sure if it has to be adjusted to my motor or not....I pull the choke and that helps alot...maybe it just needs some tweeking...

After all of that..the break cable is loose and my breaks are not catching...My husband tried to adjust the break cable but I don't think he is doing it right...it just won't tighten up...

I bought this golf cart in 09..and I still have yet to drive it around...I guess someone up above doesn't want me to have a cart..

Thanks
sandra
Old 06-23-2011, 07:41 AM   #16
bob tawney
Not Yet Wild

Hi Sandra If you just pulled the carb out of the box and istalled it it will need to be adjusted turn the idle mixture screw all the way in then back it out one and a half turns to start then if it still runs poorly keep turning it out a half turn at a time the only thing that will cause you to have to pull the choke while driving the cart is well let me back up there are many reason ethier the idle circuit / main jet / or fuel pump / fuel filter that would couse you to have to pull the choke by pulling the choke you are letting the motor pull harder thru the carb which in turn makes it pull more fuel let me know if this helps or if I can help you any farther with the problem
Old 06-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #17
sandra
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Bob...I will be heading out to my camp today and will be back on Monday...I will do what you said and get back to you...

Thanks again
Sandra
Old 06-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #18
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

try some lawn mower shops for a used one or ?.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:45 AM   #19
bob tawney
Not Yet Wild

Sandra I forgot to tell you about your brakes yes there is more than one way to adjust them you have a cable that Y's off that is an adjustment then on the baking plate of your brakes there is an escentric cam it will have a bolt and nut loosen the nut and turn the bolt just till the brake pads touch the brake drum but you need to do this before you adjust the cable the adjustment is located at the top of the baking plate and sometimes it will have a cover on it ot keep dirt out let me know if this helped you HAVE A GREAT DAY
Old 06-27-2011, 12:17 PM   #20
sandra
Not Yet Wild

I am more concerned wioth the breaks right now...Thanks for the reply..I don't have access to a computer at my camp so I just got this message...This weekend being the 4th of July I will have a computer with me as my family is coming for a visit...I will do as you said and will let you know how it goes...Thanks again

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY...TO ALL MY AMERICAN FRIENDS AND FAMILY !!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar