lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
rizico
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Brake light switch location

Has anyone seen this type of switch for the brake lights? I got this kit on eBay and assume the bracket attached to the switch means they expect you to put it in a certain place, but the instructions don't mention it, and I don't see anywhere the holes match up?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331170043.261194.jpg

Thanks all!
rizico is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2012, 11:53 PM   #2
joemama16341
Gone Wild

Club Car

I got the same kit I think if it's the same switch as mine if the plunger is out the lights are on. I took the bracket off and drilled two holes down thru the floor and mounted it on the bottom of cart directly behind brake pedal
joemama16341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:15 AM   #3
Canine_Rescue_Pilot
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Brake light switch location

I think Joe nailed it.

I've seen that same type of switch used where the brake pedal bar rests on the switch when the brake is not depressed. A Normally Closed switch.
Canine_Rescue_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #4
rizico
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks fellas, I will take a look when I get home tonight. so Joe, you have it riding the Side of your brake pedal arm? I did look at this possibility, but worried about wear on the switch head. If at all possible, I would love a picture to see what is, and obviously has been, working for you.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
joemama16341
Gone Wild

Club Car

Oh no I have the switch behind the brake arm with the plunger facing the front of the cart. You want to position it so that the plunger is depressed when the brake is not engaged. And watch to make sure that as you depress the brake pedal the plunger on the switch comes out. If you need Picts I can take se Saturday morning if you need.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #6
rizico
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks again Joe, I will take a look this evening an maybe it will all make perfect sense with your info. I will post tonight to let you know if pictures would help.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #7
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Does it suggest to use a keyed power source for when the parking brake is on the lights are not?
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #8
joemama16341
Gone Wild

Club Car

Glad to help
Old 03-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #9
joemama16341
Gone Wild

Club Car

If its like mine there is a timer on the brake switch to turn off after like 20 sec or so
Old 03-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #10
rizico
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I figured it out, not sure if the brake pedal arm is different on my 01' TXT, or what, but I ended up having to point the switch directly down, and attach to the floorboard. I will post a pic tonight. And yes, the switch is in a timer, so when parking brake is set, it goes off after so many seconds. I finished wiring the whole kit and I like it. The only the I may change is the fact that it's "always hot" I will
Probably eventually wire it in the the key. Thanks fellas! Without posting this I would never have known the switch was normally closed and would have assumed the other way around. I know I would have just had to move a wire on the back of the switch, but I'm sure they have it that way for a reason. Thanks again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO