lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #1
slk
Not Yet Wild

Default Cushman Golftster 7310 questions

I was given this golf cart and have some questions. I have all of the old battery's out and I am cleaning up inside the compartment. What can I use to clean all the electrical contacts with. Controller, shifter, etc. I am new to the world of golf carts. This one seams to be made quite well. Any info about it would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows where an owners manual could be found on the net that would help too. I was told the 7310 was a 1973 model.

Thanks
Steve
slk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Cushman Golftster 7310 questions

SLK,
I like to use a product called Corrosion-X on electrical contacts, I've had very good luck with it.

Dunno about manuals for the Cushman, but it's going to be wired similarly to the older EZ-Go or Club Car carts. It probably has a bank of resistors and a gadget with a moving arm connected to the 'gas' pedal. Pressing down on the pedal shorts out the resistors to make it go faster. The F/R switch changes the relationship between the Field and Armature terminals on the motor. Then, there's the low-current circuit: power goes through the key switch and at least 2 micro switches. One is on the previously-described gadget and closes when you first press the pedal down, the other is on the F/R switch to assure that it is switched all the way in Forward or Reverse before allowing power to flow to the little terminals on the solenoid. The big terminals connect the battery to the speed control gadget, and thus to the F/R switch and the motor.

Mechanically, the gearbox should have oil in it, use 90 weight or something. Don't fill it to the top, there probably are 2 plugs, a bottom one for draining and one somewhat above it for filling/level checking. They only hold a half-pint or so of oil.

It's probably 36 volts, so you'll need 6, 6-volt golf cart batteries. Do not attempt to use 12 volt batteries for more than brief testing purposes, they will work very poorly as far as power and longevity.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts