lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2014, 12:49 AM   #1
rtclopez
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 club car won't run

2000 48 volt powerdrive club car doesn't run. I drove it all day parked and plugged it in that night woke up in the morning and unplugged the charger.The cart wouldn't go.serial # A9608 488866 the batteries are fully charged, the charger turns on when you plug it in. when you turn the key on put it in forward press the peddle down you can here both solenoids come on but the cart won't move. when you put in reverse the buzzer comes on and when you press the peddle down you can here both solenoids click but it won't go. I checked the inline fuses and only was able to find 3 out of the 4 the diagram said this cart had, the 3 where good.the 4th one was supposed to be on the brown wire but it looked like someone had jumped it together.Has anybody had this problem
rtclopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2014, 08:45 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 club car won't run

If you have more than one solenoid you may have the Regen I drive system.
Can you identify your drive system using the chart below?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC Regen I or II.JPG (115.5 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
serial # A9608 488866
By this its a 1996 DS and not a 2000
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:16 PM   #4
rtclopez
Not Yet Wild

Looks like I have a 1996 DS power drive plus Regen 1 without the run/tow switch
Old 11-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #5
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have a '96 Regen 1 - and when mine did that, it was the speed controller. Hopefully that's not it. You do have a "challenging" cart if its Regen 1.

But first things first - check, clean, refit and tug on all cables and connectors to make sure you don't have a simple loose connection somewhere. Its even worth disconnecting the main battery positive, then unplug the speed controller plug - spray the plug with isopropyl alcohol and plug it back in firmly. When you do this, wait an hour before reconnecting the main battery cable - just to ensure the alcohol has evaporated.

If corroded, clean and refit the big battery connections. Give a good tug on each battery cable - sometimes they look OK but are corroded beneath the wire casing.

Also - peek under the passenger side seat (mounted upside down toward the rear). Confirm the color of your controller - is it Black or Grey? Many Regen 1's were converted to Regen 2 and have a grey colored cover. If its Black (Regen 1 - I can PM you a link to the full manual for that cart, that has troubleshooting instructions to determine whether it is actually the controller).

Also - while your checking - is your battery light Red or Amber?
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Joesam is your man on this cart, he can walk you through all the troubleshooting on this little known drive system
Old 11-19-2014, 03:35 PM   #7
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Little known is right, also I think it is considered to be CCs worst...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:05 PM   #8
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

I will confess, the Black controller has a lot of uhmmm...features that were abandoned (for good reasons) in the following years of manufacture. Challenging is sort-of the PC term for "worst". But with only 1 controller failure in the 13 years I've owned it, its been an amazingly solid cart for me. Its actually tougher to troubleshoot a cart that's been modified, because honestly; I don't know anything about Regen 2 conversions and what wires get clipped/re-routed or modified - so if its a grey controller, I'm gonna have to do the duck & dodge hand-off to someone else.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #9
rtclopez
Not Yet Wild

I do have the black controller and the battery light is red.With the cart in forward position and the key on and I put one lead of my multimeter to A1 on the motor and the other to the neg. on the #6 battery I get 50.2 volts, the same for A2. If I do the same to F1 and F2 I get 10 volts and if I push down the peddle I get 3.5 volts. Is there any way to trouble shoot the controller or better yet bypass it
Old 11-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

"I do have the black controller ... "

Phew
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car