lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2016, 11:04 PM   #1
NEWORLEANS-YAT
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default stock motor rewind

Where can i get this done? I have a 2013 club car. Just added Madjax 600 controller. My motor is getting hot so I would like to hop up the stock motor,

Thanks
NEWORLEANS-YAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2016, 11:48 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: stock motor rewind

Are allowing the motor access to 600a or controller turned down for stock motor?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:10 AM   #3
NEWORLEANS-YAT
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Are allowing the motor access to 600a or controller turned down for stock motor?
i had it maxed out. On the OTF controller, can you explain what the green and red red actually mean? Is green safe and red is danger? Can you run in the red ? is that safe?

thank you sir
Old 02-12-2016, 07:38 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The RED means the motor is getting hot, You can start by making sure the "Acceleration" is dialed way back and never override the controller limitation while hot.

I asked some of these questions to a Madjax dealer/expert regarding the need for that much current on a Sepex motor and how they adjust to different motor maps.

Here is the very informative answer, you can look back a few posts on that thread to my actual question.

The place You got the controller should be able to tell You what the LED codes on the OTF mean. I did a quick search and only found the meaning on the controller LED blinks (it is on the manual).

Torque 600 and Sepex motors max amp ussage
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:44 AM   #5
NEWORLEANS-YAT
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The RED means the motor is getting hot, You can start by making sure the "Acceleration" is dialed way back and never override the controller limitation while hot.

I asked some of these questions to a Madjax dealer/expert regarding the need for that much current on a Sepex motor and how they adjust to different motor maps.

Here is the very informative answer, you can look back a few posts on that thread to my actual question.

The place You got the controller should be able to tell You what the LED codes on the OTF mean. I did a quick search and only found the meaning on the controller LED blinks (it is on the manual).

Torque 600 and Sepex motors max amp ussage
Thanks Sergio,

Should I set it at the mid point where the red meets the green ? there is a black line there. I honestly dont see a difference when its set at the black line and maxed out in the red.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:58 AM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The acceleration setting in controllers that have it, does not limit the current, it only determines how fast the controller ramps-up the current as the pedal is being depressed.

The motor can only convert so much current into actual torque at any given RPM, but unfortunately it will use however much is made available, what it cannot convert into torque gets dissipated as heat by the motor.

I think the best way to adjust is start all the way down (counter-clockwise) and do a few take offs, keep adjusting the "acceleration" knob higher until You cannot feel any difference in acceleration, or the acceleration is fine for your use.

Any additional increase in the "Acceleration" knob after this will only result in additional heat to the motor.

The "speed" knob deals with how much the "field" current is allowed to be reduced to increase speed, same analogy that after a certain point the motor will not be able to take advantage of the weakened field and it will only use more Armature current.

Start with the "Speed" knob all the way up (clockwise), and adjust it down until you get the maximum practical speed You need.

Try those "Tuning" procedures and see if the motor runs cooler.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:05 AM   #7
NEWORLEANS-YAT
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
The acceleration setting in controllers that have it, does not limit the current, it only determines how fast the controller ramps-up the current as the pedal is being depressed.

The motor can only convert so much current into actual torque at any given RPM, but unfortunately it will use however much is made available, what it cannot convert into torque gets dissipated as heat by the motor.

I think the best way to adjust is start all the way down (counter-clockwise) and do a few take offs, keep adjusting the "acceleration" knob higher until You cannot feel any difference in acceleration, or the acceleration is fine for your use.

Any additional increase in the "Acceleration" knob after this will only result in additional heat to the motor.

The "speed" knob deals with how much the "field" current is allowed to be reduced to increase speed, same analogy that after a certain point the motor will not be able to take advantage of the weakened field and it will only use more Armature current.

Start with the "Speed" knob all the way up (clockwise), and adjust it down until you get the maximum practical speed You need.

you are the man, thank you kind sir
Old 02-12-2016, 12:02 PM   #8
NEWORLEANS-YAT
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

Sergio

Is upgrading to the club car 7144 motor a good idea?
Old 02-12-2016, 04:17 PM   #9
txpres
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWORLEANS-YAT View Post
Sergio

Is upgrading to the club car 7144 motor a good idea?
I am using the 7144 on my 2014 CC. I can easily run 35 mph on flat ground with that motor. Still have very good torque. However, I converted to IQ. See my signature. YMMV.
txpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:28 PM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The AMD 7144 is a good speed motor.

txpres, how many amps on that Curtis 1268 controller?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car