lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2016, 04:53 PM   #1
Shoxg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default DIYGolfcart Rear seat for Precedent reviews?

I searched first. DIY wont bring back results because its too short. DIYGolfcart brought back 3 pages of results, none of which answered my questions.

I like the look of the Precedent Plastic supports and basket. I like how DIY Golf cart rear seat kit keeps it intact and usable. In order to keep it intact it seems like it shifts the seat and footrest back away from the cart. Further away then other seat kits that replace and eliminate the rear plastic rear struts. It seems like it would be placing additional strain, and leverage/torque on the rear of the cart.

I am planning on using it for kids on the back, 250lbs between the 3 kids at most. However I assume at some point a full size adult (or even Plus size adult!) will be hitching a ride back there. Should I worry if they decide to put their Full weight on the footrest and stand on it?

Am I over thinking it?
Does anyone have the DIY kit installed on their Precedent?
What are your experiences with it, good and bad (if any)?

Thanks
Shoxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2016, 10:53 PM   #2
travis_slim
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DIYGolfcart Rear seat for Precedent reviews?

So I have the exact seat you are talking about on my cart. I purchased mine from DIYGolfCart in May of 2015. I will tell you the good and the bad about my seat.

First off I agree with you I like the factory basket behind the front seat and the factory roof pillars. The roof pillars are gutters actually so if you ever do get stuck in rain the water goes down the pillars and not on your head. So like you I was looking for a seat that retained the factor pillars and basket.

I found this seat on DIYGolfCart and what sold me on it at the time was that it had the embossed pattern on the seat. If you are worried about hauling adults on the seat no need to worry. I have hauled two adults on the back and I would guess they were close to 380lbs along with me and another adult on the front. Note I have stock leaf springs on my cart also. I did all of this on paved streets no off roading or rough terrain.

Now to be fair about this I am pretty sure the vendor that made my rear seat is no longer a supplier for DIYGolfCart. That being said I do have some negatives about my seat. First off it came damaged twice from the supplier, not DIYGolfCart, due to basically no protection in the packaging. One thing to this day that still bothers me about my rear seat is that the foot platform is not level is has a rake to it. I was told by DIY this is intended but every other rear seat have I have seen on a Precedent is level. The other issue I had was the bottom of the seat was so close to the back support it was almost uncomfortable to sit on. Maybe all seats are like this I'm not sure. So I drilled new holes to push the bottom part of the seat out away from the back the down side to this is when flipped down there is a gap in the bed but in my eyes it was worth it. Lastly the craftsmanship of the build really wasn't that great of the seat either. Supposedly my rear seat was made by an Amish manufacture and that was part of the problem according to DIY because they did not use email it was either phone or FAX to communicate to fix issues.

When I log into DIY this is the link to the seat that pulls up but I believe it is different than the one I had: http://www.diygolfcart.com/Club-Car-...03-cpr-bge.htm
The seat I ordered was part number: CPR-BGE-ATP and this one is 503-CPR-BGE so they must have changed something on them.

If I was going to do it all over again I think I would look more at eBay and the site sponsors here and maybe even make some phone calls to some of the vendors. To be fair through all of the drama of my rear seat they had really good customer service and they gave me a $150 refund after I got really upset, haha. I posted a pictured of the seat on my cart below. Hope some of this information helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1346 (Medium).JPG (203.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2065 (Medium).JPG (185.9 KB, 0 views)
travis_slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 01:20 AM   #3
Shoxg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you for the in depth response, I really appreciate it. I never thought about the seat bottom and back angle. I don't plan on ever sitting back there but it is something to take into consideration. I'll have to call them and talk to them before ordering.
Have you seen any others that keep the stock support like the DIY one?
Old 02-27-2016, 09:25 AM   #4
travis_slim
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

If I was going to get a seat with out the factory pillars it would be this one: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...precedent.html

The seats I find for Precedents that I like are made by Steeleng. I don't know much about them but here is a forum talking about them. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...t-install.html

Here is Steeleng's store: http://stores.steelenggolfcart.com/r...nt-model-buff/
or you can find it on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Flip-se...ZULcHS&vxp=mtr

Here is a random one I found on ebay for less, no idea who makes it or the quality of it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buff-Rear-Fl...FUrX-R&vxp=mtr

Like I said before look through ebay and site sponsors and just have to make the tough decision of which one you want. One thing is for sure I am really happy I kept my factory basket. I use it almost every time I am on my cart.

Good Luck!!
travis_slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 05:10 PM   #5
Shoxg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Travis, I appreciate your help very much
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car