lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2016, 08:01 AM   #1
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default 97 Transporter 6 wire diagram

Got a 97 Transporter 6 that wont stay running. Once it starts its OK until you drive it, and then as you slow down or come to a stop it will just die.
Seems like one of the kill switches isn't right, but I'm not sure where to start testing because I don't have a wire diagram for it.

This has the FE350 engine with key switch start.

Any help would be great!
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2016, 03:11 PM   #2
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Default Re: 97 Transporter 6 wire diagram

So you start it with a key and it stays running in otherwords you crank on it like a car??
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 05:50 PM   #3
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Page 5-10 of this parts list pdf manual has the WIRING, GASOLINE VEHICLES
RESORT VILLAGER, TRANS-PORTER/TRANS-SENDER
http://bennettgolfcars.ca/upfile/man...1115073840.pdf
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:25 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Thanks Jimmie, Ill give it a look!

Eric, Yes, it has a start position on the key switch. The engine stays running until you turn the key off. (supposed to at least)
Old 03-19-2016, 01:09 AM   #5
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Okay then we start at the beginning are you using any micro switches? if yes these are where I would go first...(The concept is this you can start any club car with a bump from the + terminal on the battery to the small terminal on the solenoid whether the key is on or not). So I know from what you have said you have an actual key switch that has a starter function exactly like mine. In my case I use a separate toggle switch mounted next to my key switch, in my case the toggle acts as an on/off switch. In my case there is a white wire w a black stripe that comes from the COIL if you ground that wire the cart stops unground and you can turn your key(like your car) and she will run until you ground that white wire w blk stripe

With a key start switch (battery power to)the switch and when you turn the key to start it sends that battery power to the solenoid closes and solenoid sends power to start/generator an the cart starts u let go and the cart stays running the only way to stop is to ground it out.

Now providing all this is working correctly then you need to turn up the idle screw up. Sorry for the long drawn out explanation but we need to start at the beginning to get to the end the solution
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:03 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Finally got this worked out.
Couple things wrong. Stalling problem was due to the limit switch in the electrical box by the battery. Was checking voltage at the shift lever switch and could see it drop out once every now and then as the gas pedal was moved. When the voltage dropped it would shut off.

Was having a really hard time starting it. Cleaned the carb, didn't help. Changed the carb with one from another transport cart we have and that made no difference.
Figured maybe compression issue so spun the engine over by hand a couple times and it didn't feel like it was building much compression. Pulled the valve cover and checked valve clearance and the intake valve was too tight. Went to loosen the adjuster nut and it was way tight! Thought the nut was going to round off so I switched to the exhaust adjuster and that one was way tight too. Then heard something click and saw it fall. Picked it up and it's the adjuster screw end of the intake rocker arm! Just broke! Luckily, had a parts engine with the right rocker arms. Swapped them and the rocker shaft, set the clearance and popped the cover back on and cranked right up and idled great!

Finally running well enough to drive it. Lots of power now too!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car