lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2016, 07:47 AM   #1
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Looking for Front Light Ideas to Run Turn Signals on a 1992-earlier CC DS Cart

I've been riding my cart on the roads around my house more often lately and I'm wanting to install complete lights so that I have brake, turn signal, and running lights. I already know that there are kits to do this. These kits fit 1993-up DS carts. The reason they list for 1993-up is because of the front cowl design. In 1993 Club Car reformed the DS front cowl specifically so that larger headlights could be installed. My cart has the older, narrow design cowl (which I like), so the front headlights in the kits will not fit properly (see photo below, that's my cart pictured).

So I'm thinking I'd like to get all the parts that come in the kit minus the headlights, and maybe find some yellow lights to put on the front somewhere for turn signals. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm posting this in both Gas DS and Electric DS forums since it's relevant to both.

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2016, 08:10 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Looking for Front Light Ideas to Run Turn Signals on a 1992-earlier CC DS Cart

the kit can be put in the older style cart

Old 07-10-2016, 06:52 PM   #3
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Looking for Front Light Ideas to Run Turn Signals on a 1992-earlier CC DS Cart

I used 3/4" Amber LED lights...two on each side. They are easy to install...just drill a 3/4" hole and insert the rubber grommet and then the light pushes into the grommet. The lights are three wire...ground, brake and turn and running. They are plenty bright...I used three red in the rear. eBay #350993837286 Red and 3712995842668 Amber. I installed theses in a cart I built 2 years ago and they are holding up with no issues.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:39 AM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Looking for Front Light Ideas to Run Turn Signals on a 1992-earlier CC DS Cart

Thanks Guys. I ordered the full kit that has the exact headlights lights in the post that crash test dummy posted. I'm not crazy about the overhang at the bottom, but I'll evaluate that when I get them in my hands. From the pictures online it looks like the black plastic surrounding the headlight, just an inch or two, is more or less just a flap that can be trimmed some.

If I decide to go a different route, it will be something like what theboss20 posted, just some amber lights on each side. This pretty much what I was thinking originally.

Funny thing about the amber lights in the headlight kit (and in the photos above), I currently am using what appears to be those same exact lights...in red...as my tail lights:

Old 07-11-2016, 07:07 AM   #5
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

I've got a 92 with lights installed and mine doesn't have a much overhang as the one crash posted.
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:28 AM   #6
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by klanel View Post
I've got a 92 with lights installed and mine doesn't have a much overhang as the one crash posted.
Are they installed higher on the cowl? Maybe the overhang is split between the top and bottom, or you have a different headlight assembly. Does it appear that the bezel can be trimmed if one were to carefully measure and cut?
Old 07-11-2016, 11:09 AM   #7
crash test dummy

mine is an 81
i matched up the slope of the cowl to the headlight black plastic
you can't go any higher with out a gap at the top
you can trim a little but i like the factory look
Old 07-11-2016, 12:22 PM   #8
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Are they installed higher on the cowl? Maybe the overhang is split between the top and bottom, or you have a different headlight assembly. Does it appear that the bezel can be trimmed if one were to carefully measure and cut?
If my cowl is different then I guess the answer would be yes. The original cowl I butchered and it may be that the replacement was different than the original, don't know. But I matched the bottom as close as I could and also cut the openings smaller than the template so I could make adjustments along the way.

The link below has some photos I think on the next to the last page of what it turned out like. There may be some closer views earlier on in the thread?

What I do remember is the holes are cut closer to the sides than I would have thought and that I lined up as much as I could along the bottom.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...n-project.html

PS: Yes, I may have a different assy as well.
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #9
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Klanel, yeah, if it's the black cart, your front cowl is the 1993+ style. It looks like the same headlamps I'm getting, but they were molded to fit that newer cowl so that's why you had a nicer fit. Nice looking cart by the way!
Old 07-11-2016, 05:46 PM   #10
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Might be totally crazy, but is there a way to take a 93+ cowl and put it on. You can probably find one occasionally on craigslist. Might be able to get one for about $25 and get the factory look perfect.
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car