lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2016, 10:24 AM   #1
Zpmontog0947
Not Yet Wild

Default Engine Enclosure Temps? Anyone with a probe

I am looking for air temperature approximately 2 inches in front of the dip stick. The hottest that this area will see will be during shut down after the cart has been run and there is no air flow. Can anyone help me get a temperature during shut down with the seat down? I am looking at putting a subwoofer in this location and need to run the temp by JL audio to see if it is within the limitations of the sub. Thank you.
Zpmontog0947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2016, 12:23 PM   #2
Tedh98
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Engine Enclosure Temps? Anyone with a probe

I dont have a way to measure the air temp at a specific spot, but I do have a laser thermometer.

It was in the low 80's and I ran the cart for about an hour. I parked it and came back 20 minutes later. The area aroun the f/r switch was 99 degrees. The battery and airbox was 100. The frame closest to the engine, but not in direct contact with the engine was 98. Interesting to me was that the underside of the seat was 95.

I know that shiny surfaces can give bad readings, but even the spot on the frame wasnt that shiny.
Tedh98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car