lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2016, 10:00 AM   #1
mdillonaire
Getting Wild

Default looking for ideas

hey guys,
So I have an 05 turf 1 carryall, recently rebuilt the fe350 engine, key start, new springs for drive and driven clutches, new belts, the works for the engine. Im looking for some ideas though for gaining torque. Is there anywhere that offers lowers gears? I see higher gears for speed but im looking for torque as i will need it to be able to pull a decent amount of weight. Also, this suspension is stiff as a block, any ideas to soften it up besides draining air from the tires. Im looking into possibly trying to swap some suspension parts form a yamaha g22. The ride on those things are so soft. In any case, anyone have some ideas?
mdillonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2016, 01:13 PM   #2
ErickO
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: looking for ideas

I'm doing a Power plus kit from Jakes/Buggies Unlimited which is K&N filter key on engine on wiring harness 2 clutch springs. as far as ride goes I'm doing a Jakes Double A arm 6 inch lift kit. What are you planning on pulling?
I had one of mine stock loaded with about 900lbs to 1000lbs of logs handled it no problem.
ErickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:03 PM   #3
mdillonaire
Getting Wild

i work at a golf course so my cart needs to be able to pull disabled mowers and equipment (within reason of course) but im just trying to get as much torque as i can. Which is why im searching for lower gear ratios, but all i see is the higher ratios for speed, which isnt what im looking for in this application. But driving around the course off road, the suspension is killing my *** over these bumps, literally like i have the wheels bolted right to the frame. Then i jump in our G22s and its like a mercedes in terms of comfort haha
Old 08-30-2016, 02:06 PM   #4
mdillonaire
Getting Wild

not to mention my cart is loaded with a toolbox mounted on the bed, its getting a compressor this winter, a jack, and various other implements, not to mention 200 lbs of myself haha. So its already weighed down a bit and i need to be able to get the torque to the ground if im towing a piece of equipment on top of the load thats already on there.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car