lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2017, 12:46 PM   #11
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: how long?

Look, everyone has preferences for having an accessory battery or not. If not, buy a digital gauge. Wiring it so that it reads a live voltage as long as key is turned on. Once your pack reads close to 49 volts or less, time to charge. You can either do that or watch a clock as you work. Either way you're gonna have to track the usage somehow. Volt meter is a simple way to do that.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2017, 01:46 PM   #12
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Thank you!!! So if I ran the lights 20hours I would be at 48% discharge, right? Not like it is ever gonna happen, but they could run all night if need be. Cool. [I like overkill] Might really come in handy during planting if we are running all night to stay ahead of the weather, so see properly while filling the planter. Tractor lights are good but not so much behind the machine where you are when filling.
48% discharge would destroy your batteries fast I believe...
Night life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:53 PM   #13
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Way ahead of you. Installing a marine volt/ammeter so I'll know power usage at all times. My original question wasn't batt vs reducer but theoretically how long my pack would run the lights on the cart.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:55 PM   #14
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Way ahead of you. Installing a marine volt/ammeter so I'll know power usage at all times. My original question wasn't batt vs reducer but theoretically how long my pack would run the lights on the cart.
Good stuff. Smart move. As for the pack running your lights, it would light it up for a very long time without the cart running etc. lights only that is.
I would recommend possibly an LED option when and if possible as they draw far less current etc.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 03:05 PM   #15
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Left my headlights [which I use as low beam] incandecent for now. The one problem with leds is in a snowstorm they don't warm the lens enough to melt off snow. The roof mounted light bar can also be useless in heavy snow as it causes blinding due to reflection off the falling snow. Looks like they will get a good test tonight as it is really coming down right now! Maybe I'll take some pics.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:24 PM   #16
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sergio, I was taking the amp hour rating literally as the amount of amperage that could be sustained for an hour. Thanks for the clarification, I digress!
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 05:11 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by klanel View Post
Sergio, I was taking the amp hour rating literally as the amount of amperage that could be sustained for an hour. Thanks for the clarification, I digress!
I know and it will get more confusing as Lithium chemistry batteries get more common..., then you would be right.

A Trojan t-875 has a rating of 117 minutes at 56 amps, but that is until the cells get to 1.75V or 42V for the pack.

Since most folks will stop at 50% SOC, You get approximately 1 hour at 60 Amp load.

A lithium battery will deliver its energy if the load is 30 amps or 300 amps, so a 60Ah Lithium battery is practically equivalent to a Trojan t-875.

A little off the topic, but still related
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #18
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

By all means boys, keep discussing! I am trying to learn all I can about dc motive power. I can wire a building but this is new. Some great mind here [I think] said something that stuck with me. "If it sounds complicated, you don't completely understand it"
Old 02-12-2017, 09:13 PM   #19
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nighttime shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (362.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-12-2017, 09:41 PM   #20
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Nighttime shot.
Great picture, thanks for sharing!!

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car