lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2017, 10:35 PM   #11
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Voltage Reducer Connection

Do you have a picture of the reducer? Name model#?
2016CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2017, 10:41 PM   #12
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

Got a picture of the reducer?
Part number
Model number

For 48 volt carts, (6 X 8v batts)
Some are 16 - 12 volt & hook to 2 batts
Some are 48 - 12 volt & hook across all 6 batts

Ps, I started taking pic of the batt pack, before I start working on it
Old/lost memory too. LOL
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 10:56 PM   #13
ManCow53
Not Yet Wild

Sorry, no pic and I am not sure of the model, etc. I do know that I purchased this to accommodate my 48 volt cart and it was to spread over all the batteries not just 2 of them.
ManCow53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:01 AM   #14
ManCow53
Not Yet Wild

If I connect the + to the 1 battery and - to 6 battery, this will not harm any parts if it is connected incorrectly? (Don't wanna blow the reducer or anything else). Please note that I am running a fuse block on this cart if that makes any difference. I have both a + and a - wire that goes from the reducer to the fuse block.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:55 AM   #15
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

So If you have a 6 x 8v battery pack =48v, and you hook them into #2 battery making it 16v , how does the charger balance those two 8v batteries to charge them more then the rest of the pack?

I'm going through this now. I bought the Phantom Body with LED light kit, and their directions state to tap off the 2nd battery in +to give them 16v if I don't have a reducer installed. Seems that those two batteries would never charge fully ?
fltekdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:32 AM   #16
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

If you have a 48volt to 12volt reducer you have to use the pack- and pack+. I don't know exactly what you have as you call a "fuse block" without seeing a photo of it. Don't hook anything up until you can describe exactly what you have. Especially if you have both positive and negative running to the same thing.

Also. The wires you say are "coming out" of the reducer, are you talking about the positive and negative that go into the reducer?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:18 AM   #17
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Read your previous thread about issues you had when you first installed the reducer. You have had numerous problems with this thing from the beginning. As you stated, you were getting 16 volts not 12, burned up radio etc. I suspect your reducer was never wired correctly to start with and you have been running accessories off of 2 eight volt batteries.

If you throw 48v from a new battery pack into what I believe is screwed up wiring from the beginning you could get seriously hurt/burned etc., not to mention destroying your cart. You should start from square one. The battery wiring on up to whatever you are trying to do now. You may want to get someone who does this to go over what you have done.

Just trying to help. Do not want to see anybody get hurt.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:12 PM   #18
ManCow53
Not Yet Wild

OK, I got my wiring connected. All batteries are connected correctly in series. The 2 red wires on the cart itself are attached to the positive on the #1 battery. The positive wire from the reducer and the wire that could have gone to my switch are also connected to the #1 battery. The ground of the reducer is attached to the # 6 battery. Now I have a low level hissing coming from one of the batteries but I cannot tell which one. Any ideas?
Old 02-13-2017, 04:47 PM   #19
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManCow53 View Post
Now I have a low level hissing coming from one of the batteries but I cannot tell which one. Any ideas?

I have never herd a battery hiss, I would disconnect everything!
2016CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:55 PM   #20
ManCow53
Not Yet Wild

Well its a very low level hiss, barely noticeable. But good news, all accessories are working fine and the cart is running without any problems. Maybe I lucked out?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car