lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
davmart65
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2005 Mpt 1200

I bought a 2005 EZ Go MPT 1200 first of this year. Really enjoying the cart. Is this cart the same as the workhorse? I've been looking to buy some things for it, especially lift kits, but nothing mentions the MPT. I thought I had read that the MPTs were the old Workhorse.

Thanks!
davmart65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #2
davmart65
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 Mpt 1200

Here's a pic:
Old 03-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

The MPT is a workhorse, and most everyone who sells parts and such doesn't have a clue when you tell them it's an MPT. I've had that problem before, just tell them it's a 05 1200g workhorse
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The MPT is the non lifted version of the Workhorse. Any Factory dealership would know - Aftermarket companies will need exactly what Jon said

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #5
davmart65
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info.

This cart has the rack and pinion type steering mounted to the front axle. Anything special to keep mind when looking at lift kits? I have seen a lift kits listed for the workhorse 1200, 2001 & up. Will this give me everything I need?
Old 03-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
ruredy
Born Wild

If your thinking Drop axle lifts
The basic problem I find with the workhorse lift is how the rear part is done. the front is the same as a regular cart. The less expensive lifts use these foot long shackles in the back and shorter ones in the front of the springs. I personally don't care to use that lifting method. That only leaves me a few choices.
One is get a jakes lift, they have mounts at the axle. This is the way I like to lift them, not the longer shackles on the springs.
What i always do on the workhorse is make my own rear lift or buy a lift kit for an electric cart, By doing this I end up having to cut off the bottoming out stops and the centering pins on the axle tube. They are in the way of where the spring perch will sit. The spring perch comes with the electric kit, or you can get them at TS or Northern. I like the Allsports drop axle with spindles for the 2001.5 and up. The electric kit has almost everything you need but longer bolts, the ones in the kit are to short cause workhorse springs have a few more leafs. Ezgo also has a good kit but I have never use one of theirs. you still need to cut the centering pins with that kit too.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO