lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2017, 07:17 AM   #1
Riccardi
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 TXT Issues

Hey guys got a question for anyone who might be able to Help. I have a 1998 EZ GO TXT with the 295 Fuji Robin. Noticed it was very hard to start then once running it ran great no issue till you shut off and try to restart after maybe 10-15 minutes then was a battle to start. I Have done a full tune up, filter, fuel pump and lines. Pulled carb off and cleaned out and reassembled and adjusted float to spec. Still has issue and noticed while working on it it will start much easier with air box cover off and filter out there are no restrictions in the air flow to carb though and while cranking and running fuel spits from carb into box. Someone told me check for restriction in exhaust I unbolted exhaust and bamm she fires right up. Wasn't spending what they wanted for a new muffler so I got aftermarket one pipe and muffler had to modify the muffler but once done and back together fires up just touching pedal so much easier but still have to keep air box cover off and still spits fuel. Any thoughts? I use this cart to push a race car at the tracks so I need to to work all the time with no issues. I was going to adjust the vales to .004 as spec says. also when first taking off seams sluggish but I think it may have to do with loosing some back pressure maybe. Any help would be appreciated. Would also like to get it to go little faster. First golf cart always had a Quad to push car until more people started to come to races. O yeah need to change the oil what do you recommend for oil?
Riccardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2017, 08:14 AM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 98 TXT Issues

Set valves intake valve gets tight and won't close all the way causing fuel to be pushed back into carb
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:48 PM   #3
mike_dmt
Gone Wild

Default Re: 98 TXT Issues

Adjust the valves and let us know what the result is.
mike_dmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO