lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #21
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 94 EZ-GO gxt 804 will not crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Mustard View Post
Ruredy,

I've only started 2 threads. Is that a problem?!
The first thread was concerning tuneups and service manual...that I started a week ago. Am I supposed to create one single thread that keeps changing topics for this forum?

This thread concerns a cart not cranking up. Doesn't that merit a separate thread topic (by definition)? Completely different subject, right? I figured that people might see my thread titled "...tuneup and service manual" might not understand that I'm dealing with a cart that will not crank.
your good.
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #22
Col. Mustard
Not Yet Wild

And guys, the only reason I'm trying to be sure of what the problems is - I don't have a lot of money to spend. I just wanted to make sure before I spent money on the battery - that it wasn't the solenoid or starter.

THANKS for all the advice, I'm very grateful to Ruredy, Quadmaster, and everyone else who has helped me out.
Col. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #23
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Mustard View Post
And guys, the only reason I'm trying to be sure of what the problems is - I don't have a lot of money to spend. I just wanted to make sure before I spent money on the battery - that it wasn't the solenoid or starter.

THANKS for all the advice, I'm very grateful to Ruredy, Quadmaster, and everyone else who has helped me out.
it's best to start with a known good base, the battery needs to be the base and go from there. a lot of batterys will show 12 volts and still not have the amps to turn the starter right. maybe swap a battery from something else for your testing.
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #24
Col. Mustard
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzamaker View Post
it's best to start with a known good base, the battery needs to be the base and go from there. a lot of batterys will show 12 volts and still not have the amps to turn the starter right. maybe swap a battery from something else for your testing.
It's funny because I've been going through this with a car I just got a month ago. Fully charged battery, but would not crank on cold mornings. The Autozone said that the cold cranking amps were too weak for it to crank in really cold weather.

The first warm day of the season and my cart starts trying to crank. I guess it could have almost the same exact problem as my car battery. Only difference is that my car cranks fine now that it's not cold.

I'm going to get a new battery and battery cables as everyone has suggested. Thanks again everyone!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:24 AM   #25
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Have you ever got fuel to the carburator?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:43 AM   #26
Col. Mustard
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
Have you ever got fuel to the carburator?
No, I actually forgot to try and blow into the gas tank like Quadmaster recommended to get fuel into the fuel filter. So there still isn't fuel in the carb.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #27
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good luck, we'll keep checking on ya.
Quadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #28
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Fuel---air---spark
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #29
ruredy
Born Wild

More than one thread on your cart is fine, if I had a problem with it I would have said something or merged the threads. I remember you saying something about your cart/starter/battery but not in this thread, having to search multiple threads to review is not practical. it's hard to remember everybody's cart and whats been wrong.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #30
Col. Mustard
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
More than one thread on your cart is fine, if I had a problem with it I would have said something or merged the threads. I remember you saying something about your cart/starter/battery but not in this thread, having to search multiple threads to review is not practical. it's hard to remember everybody's cart and whats been wrong.
That was at the end of the other thread. I figured I needed to start a new thread about the new problems, and I put a link to this thread at the end of that thread. Feel free to merge the threads if you want - However you want it organized.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO