lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #31
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: 94 EZ-GO gxt 804 will not crank

It's cool
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #32
Col. Mustard
Not Yet Wild

I just bought a new battery. I ended up getting this one: http://www.autozone.com/R,1878/initi...ductDetail.htm because it fit my cart much better.

I changed the spark plug cables and battery cables as well. It still doesn't turn over. Or if it is turning over - it's not going in forward or reverse. It does sound MUCH stronger now that I have the new battery.

I'm about videotape what it does when trying to crank it and upload it to youtube. I'll post a link to it later on this afternoon so you guys can see exactly what's going on with it.
Col. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #33
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Mustard View Post
I just bought a new battery. I ended up getting this one: http://www.autozone.com/R,1878/initi...ductDetail.htm

I changed the spark plug cables battery cables as well. It still doesn't turn over. Or if it is turning over - it's not going anywhere.

I'm about videotape what it does when trying to crank it and upload it to youtube. I'll post a link to it later on this afternoon so you guys can see exactly what's going on with it.
if it turns over and you have spark? squirt some gas in the carb and hit it! if it starts its a fuel problem....
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #34
Col. Mustard
Not Yet Wild

how exactly do you check for the spark, and how do I squirt gas into the carb?

(I'm new to engine stuff)
Old 03-07-2009, 03:50 PM   #35
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Take the spark plugs out. Plug them back into the wires, lay the plugs on a metal part of the engine, turn the motor over and look at the plugs and see if theirs a spark.
Quadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #36
Col. Mustard
Not Yet Wild

Took the spark plugs out and tested. They produced sparks. I installed them back into the engine and tried to crank again. It tried and then stopped trying really quick - I wonder if that was the starter dying because now it doesn't do anything.

I'm going to take the afternoon off and see if anyone here has any ideas on the next step...maybe test the starter somehow? If I was getting a spark then that would mean either the starter is bad or something is up with the fuel? There's still no gas in the fuel filter. I tried blowing into the tank, but I just got really light headed and it never worked.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #37
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

In the Yamaha gas thread is a Fuel Pump it has the following and pictures
BASIC FUEL SYSTEMS
Almost all gas golf carts have fuel pumps. The pumps operate off of a tube that is tapped into the crankcase of the engine. These lines sometimes have tees in them that go to the valve cover, but for now we will not concern ourselves with that line. The line from the crankcase pulses from the piston going up and down creating vacuum and pressure.
The fuel pump has three chambers; an inlet; an outlet and a pulse. The pulse chamber flexes a diaphragm that pumps the fuel in the other chambers. The fuel in the inlet and outlet is moved through a pair of small flap style valves.
Weak or no fuel delivery can be caused by
1-broken or stretched diaphragm
2-gumed up pulse chamber, or valve
3-pieces of junk or dirt in the valves
4-old stiff valves and or diaphragm
5-leaks to the outside of the pump, sometimes gas will drip sometimes not
6-non pump related issues
A plugged filter
B air leaks in the fuel lines
C carb inlet needle and valve plugged or stuck
D bad crankcase seals on two stroke engines
E missing oil filler top
There are arrows on the pump showing in and out and the pulse line

The pulse chamber is the outer most, note dings on the screws I use vice grips to break them loose and always use never seize when reinstalling them

If you don't have a new gasket be very careful when taking apart

The inlet and outlet chambers

The disc valves, inspect for debris under the little discs

The pulse chamber may be full of white gunk (I used sawdust and olive oil)

clean the chamber and pulse tube and line

Be sure to line it all up (a scratched line will help) when assembling
I like a inline filter with a shutoff valve and I use screw clamps instead of the wire kind
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:36 PM   #38
Col. Mustard
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all that great info DoomsMan! I get the feeling that the carb will definitely need to be cleaned or unstuck, and I also have a replacement fuel pump too.

I just replaced the solenoid, and it still won't try to turn over - unless I jump the solenoid. For now I'm just troubleshooting that before the non-firing / fuel pump issue.

Since it will only try and turn over when the solenoid is jumped then it's either the very corroded key ignition switch or the accelerator/limit switch. Is that a safe bet?

Are these exact replacement parts for my 94 GXT 804?
Accelerator Microswitch
Key ignition switch
Old 04-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #39
Col. Mustard
Not Yet Wild

So far, I've replaced the battery and solenoid - Should I go ahead and replace the Accelerator Mircroswitch and the Key ignition? Are those the correct parts? (the links in the post right above this one.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO