lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
badbowtie
Getting Wild

Default 89 ezgo clutch problem please help

I am working on a 89 ezgo 2cycle
I finally got all the brake parts I needed and cleaned the fuel tank out and was ready to drive it around before I tear it all apart and paint everything.
I installed the drive belt and started it but it would just rev not move forward or reverse at all. I looked and the drive clutch on the crank shaft does not expand at all even under wide open throttle. So I removed the bolt from it and took all the 1/4 inch bolts out and then had to tap the drum but got it off. I was thinking it just rusted on the shaft and would not let it move but cannot get the rest of it off the crank shaft at all. Is their something I should be looking at that freezes up from sitting or what to try now? I found a good lead on some tires and wheels I was going to go get saturday but want to make sure it will move forward and reverse before I spend anymore money.
Thanks In advance.
badbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2009, 05:03 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: 89 ezgo clutch problem please help

your suppose to use a puller on those to get them off, a 3/4 fine thread bolt and a deep well socket or small piece of pipe might work for a puller.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
Admiral Nelson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...go-clutch.html this might help you
Admiral Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
badbowtie
Getting Wild

Well no need to worry about the clutch I sprayed it some more today and tried to take a 2x4 and tap it in to make it move between the body and the rear wheel and now I need a new one all the weights fell out and it is know cracked. I can not believe how much hey cost so not sure what to do know.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #5
Admiral Nelson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I checked Ebay and they had some at a decent price and one seller had alot of part at discount and clutch was one of the items. If you need help finding them just email. Hope this helps
Old 03-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #6
badbowtie
Getting Wild

I am looking around online and I see some that say they work on a 89 but mine is not a cone on the end mine is flat does it matter or what the deal.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #7
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbowtie View Post
I am looking around online and I see some that say they work on a 89 but mine is not a cone on the end mine is flat does it matter or what the deal.
Can you post a pic of it? the factory engines have a taperd shaft, the very end of it (where the bolt goes in) is flat but the rest of the shaft should have a taper to it. Do you have all of the old clutch removed?
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #8
badbowtie
Getting Wild

I will remove it in the morning and post a picture I got a bolt today.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #9
badbowtie
Getting Wild

here is what I got I had some trouble getting it off but did get it.
Still not sure if the cone one will work or only the flat one on ebay one cone one says it fits a 89 and the flat one says it fits a 89 also.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
Admiral Nelson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

**** that looks bad, I always wanted to see what was in one. Look like it has been a long time since that cart was used. Your over my head now so I won't be much help. Might look around here and see if you can get a part number for the Drive Clutch and see what they have on EBay for Parts. I have found this group of people pretty **** sharp and willing to help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO