lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2018, 05:10 PM   #1
Tobywrangler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2007 G29 Seeking “White Tag” Axel Guidance

We purchased a 2007 YDRE a month ago and failed to do some research on potential issues which I normally always do. The previous owners just had a new motor and controller installed 8 months ago. Yesterday, it broke. When you press the accelerator in either in FWD or REV, the cart goes no where and a grinding noise can be heard. I validated the axel nuts are torqued to spec and no issue there. I did notice one of the axel shafts looks newer than the other so most likely some one has done work to the transaxle previously. I then removed the motor. There was not a bushing between the input shaft and motor but the splines look to be in good condition. I then secured the input shaft from turning and I then pushed the cart forward and backward. The same grinding noise could be heard with little force applied. Any Suggestions if further troubleshooting? Next step is to split the case to determine which gears are stripped out. After reading about the “White Tag” trans axels, debating if I should to purchase a new one versus replacing the gears. Any recommendations as to best place to get one?
Tobywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2018, 09:23 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 G29 Seeking “White Tag” Axel Guidance

Think of it this way when considering your options. It took this long for the gear inside to wear out and it didn't happen overnight (it will be the intermediate gear interface to the output ring gear). All the metal bits have been floating around in there, have been doing their dirty deeds to every single moving part in there. If you replace the intermediate gear and ring gear, you still have all the rest of the old, tortured gears and bearings in there that have been living in metal shavings. Tally up the cost of the 2 "for sure" damaged gears, the remaining gears, and the bearings, repair might not seem like such a good deal. Say you decide to replace just the two gears, and figure "if the other stuff is just a little noisier than new, I will live with it", BUT 6 months down the road the 11 year old brake linings give out, thats hundreds $ more. It might be best to just fix the 2 gears only, and risk it, or may be best to buy another used axle. The new complete axle assembly is not $999 anymore, and swapping a newer Dana in there requires new brake cables and pedal group too.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 02:54 PM   #3
Tobywrangler
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 G29 Seeking “White Tag” Axel Guidance

We ended up purchasing a new axle assembly.
Tobywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha