lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2019, 04:04 AM   #1
georgia088
Gone Wild

Default Yamaha g22e alltrax controller install not working

I have Yamaha g22e with a General Electric motor and fsip controller. I purchased the xct controller from Scotty. I installed it yesterday. I followed the diagram for the g19/g22 install. So, i connected/moved the wires labeled from the fsip controller to the new controller as follows:

FSIP CONTROLLER. ALLTRAX CONTROLLER
“Pos” ———> B+
A2 ———> B+
A1 ———> M- (j9)
F1. ———> F1 (j7)
F2. ———> F2 (j
“Neg”. ———> B-

Once the cart battery supply is connected and switched on I get the green blinking lights then solid green (this is normal correct?). When the pedal is pressed in both forward and reverse, the cart starts as if it wants to go, but then just jumps slowly either forward or backwards depending on direction of switch, and I get the error code: 1 green blink 2 red blinks (according to manual this is “battery under voltage”).

I am now looking at the manual and see there are two diagrams for g22. One for Moric controller and one for GE. I have neither. Mine is FSIP. I see the difference is that F1 and F2 are reversed from how I have it connected (F2 goes to the F1 slot and F1 to the F2 slot) and A2 goes to B- instead of B+ like I have it connected.

Should I change it to the way the second diagram has it? I honestly didn’t realize there were two different diagrams. I just saw the first and hooked it up that way. Now, I see there are two ways to do it. How should I proceed?

Thanks so much!!
georgia088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2019, 02:35 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha g22e alltrax controller install not working

Ok, solenoid clicks on when pedal pressed? (I bet it doesn't)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:15 PM   #3
georgia088
Gone Wild

I am not at it right now, but I don’t think the solenoid clicked. What does this mean?
Thanks!
Old 04-21-2019, 05:13 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

It means the controller isn't activating the solenoid, or the solenoid is bad. Time to hook up the laptop, the Alltrax software will tell you if the pedal switch is working, and things like that.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:04 PM   #5
georgia088
Gone Wild

The cart was working. I just changed the controller because the cart wouldn’t go in reverse with the fsip controller. It was running fine in forward. Now it’s a no go.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:53 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think calling Alltrax Tech is the best next step . See if they can tell you which controller you had in the cart originally so you know how to connect the cables.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:02 PM   #7
georgia088
Gone Wild

I emailed them the issue, and they said it was wired correctly. They said it sounds like a solenoid issue also. I don't understand because the solenoid is the one that was working with the other controller, and I haven't done anything to it other than move the wires from fsip controller to alltrax. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2019, 02:57 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Look for a fuse?
Use your meter to check and see if you are getting 48v between the 2 small solenoid posts when you try to go to activate the solenoid.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:12 PM   #9
georgia088
Gone Wild

No voltage across the small post on solenoid when pedal pressed. The only fuse I found was good. What next?
Old 04-23-2019, 08:08 AM   #10
georgia088
Gone Wild

I spoke to the alltrax support line. They walked me through a few things, but they needed me to be able to connect to the controller with a cpu. I didn't have one at the particular time. I plan to call back this evening with the cpu connected.

In the mean time, can someone direct me to or explain to me the activation circuit of the g22? From my very limited understanding, The pedal is pressed-- which activates a micro switch that sends 48v to the xct controller-- the controller then does what to activate the solenoid??? What happens next? I know this will probably not do me any good in remedying the cart, but I would like to understand what is going on.

Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha