lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
Davejaylyn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Engine Problems on an 84 Marathon

I've been tinkering with an 84 Marathon and can't seem to get the engine to run while the muffler is on the engine. Thought the problem was a clogged muffler so I bought a new one but no better. Checked the compression and it's around 95 in forward and reverse. Without the muffler the cart runs ok in reverse but not too good in forward. The carb seems to be getting plenty of fuel so I'm wondering if my next step is to overhaul the top end to try to improve the compression. I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks!!
Davejaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2009, 01:02 AM   #2
kc carlson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Engine Problems on an 84 Marathon

not to sure about your ? but I bought a top end kit for 200 bucks. @ buggies unlimited.com pretty good price. If you want to sell 1 of your exhaust's let me know
kc carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #3
watkins
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Engine Problems on an 84 Marathon

I have a running engine off a 84 Marathon that I am wanting to sell. Not sure about a price yet, but it runs great.
watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO