lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2019, 08:24 AM   #1
Keperkey
Not Yet Wild

Default New UMAX

I have searched and I have not found any posts on the new UMAX. I did see a couple of posts related to the motor including the fact that Plowmans now offers a drop in replacement based on the UMAX motor.

Does anyone own one? Thoughts?
Keperkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2019, 01:04 PM   #2
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: New UMAX

I'm interested in them too, but there's not much chatter going on about them. I like the gas Rally 2+2 and the fact that it has the quietech technology and 4 wheel brakes. I don't think it has the independent rear suspension, like the newer model PTV's. The rear seats look spacious and comfortable and I like the storage space between them and the front seats. I'd love to hear from someone that has one and what they think of it.
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:58 AM   #3
OxlandYamaha
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dflowe View Post
I'm interested in them too, but there's not much chatter going on about them. I like the gas Rally 2+2 and the fact that it has the quietech technology and 4 wheel brakes. I don't think it has the independent rear suspension, like the newer model PTV's. The rear seats look spacious and comfortable and I like the storage space between them and the front seats. I'd love to hear from someone that has one and what they think of it.
What do you like to know? The new UMX is the best Yamaha I have ever driven. I can check about the suspension in about 14 hours from now.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G973F met Tapatalk
OxlandYamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:47 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxlandYamaha View Post
What do you like to know? The new UMX is the best Yamaha I have ever driven. I can check about the suspension in about 14 hours from now.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G973F met Tapatalk
Well, when you do, get pictures to confirm its rear suspension type. I dont know, as we never order/sell those. We only do private use stuff & all PTV, we probably sell a utility or adventurer type cart about once every 2-3 years, custom order. Also please take a picture of its valve cover (or just a close up of the front end of the engine).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:34 AM   #5
OxlandYamaha
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Well, when you do, get pictures to confirm its rear suspension type. I dont know, as we never order/sell those. We only do private use stuff & all PTV, we probably sell a utility or adventurer type cart about once every 2-3 years, custom order. Also please take a picture of its valve cover (or just a close up of the front end of the engine).
The Gas UMX was sold and picked up last night sadly. However the suspension of the Electric and Gas car is the same. Attached some image's of our modified UMX.
https://imgur.com/a/m50mBZV
OxlandYamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #6
dgt
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Can anyone who owns a gas UMAX tell me how the UTV has been at climbing hills? I have heard (from two Yamaha dealers) that there have been complaints that the gearing and clutches are tuned primarily for use on flat ground, and that there have been customers who are very dissatisfied with the UTV if they need to use them to climb steep hills while loaded with 4 people (as in steep driveways in the mountains, or marina boat ramps, not 4x4 offroading).

There is very little as far as customer reviews on the UMAX anywhere online, so I hope someone here can provide some feedback. The Rally 2+2 is exactly what I am looking for size-wise, but I need it to have TQ for climbing a steep boat ramp with a full load of people and gear.

UPDATE: I spoke to Don Plowman RE this problem. He is very familiar with the issue and says he works on many of these every week. He promised a rear clutch rework and performance kit will solve the problem, very similar to the work I did with his help on my G29. I'll update this post as I get everything rolling on this mod.
dgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 02:31 PM   #7
Keperkey
Not Yet Wild

Any update on what Don has done to the UMAX? Haven’t bought one yet but getting closer.
Keperkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 03:00 PM   #8
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

I don't have a new umax, but I've got a 2000 G11 Yamahauler utility cart--the old umax. It's got the longer wheelbase and a lower ratio rear end gear. Plowmans built 301, his Hot Setup, with head work.

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=162263

Don's overdrive clutch combo has worked out just fine. Great on the bottom and top end. Nice machine work is done on both clutches.

I suppose this would work with the newer carts. The 402 that Don has must be nice.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha