lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2020, 11:57 AM   #1
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Cheap G1 accelerator/ stop switch

Thought I'd share my G1 cheap fix for accelerator/stop switch. Mine was bad and a new one runs a ridiculous $50-$60 dollars. The switch has two sets of contacts; one set normally open, and one set normally closed. I dug around and found similar switches were used in Hyundai's and Kia's and cost less tha $10. The contact shaft is a bit narrower, so I used a couple washers around the shaft. It comes with a single 10-125 mm nut.
You'll need a second nut the same size to use as the jamb nut. . I actually super glued the washer to the nut to make it easier to handle. I also cut the old wiring from the switch and crimped on four new female spade terminals to adapt to the new switch. I added heat shrink around the new terminals as an extra assurance against them touching each other. Once I plugged in the wires, I gooped in some RTV as additional overkill. Works great and I'm under $10. Triple check your wiring before adding RTV !! REMEMBER: WHEN INSTALLED, THE PLUNGER IS NORMALLY PUSHED IN AND RELEASED WHEN YOU PRESS THE PEDAL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200411-092356_Chrome.jpg (49.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200411_095000.jpg (139.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200411_100913.jpg (144.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200411_101555.jpg (149.2 KB, 0 views)
AGELE55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2020, 10:09 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Cheap G1 accelerator/ stop switch

Wow, this is great stuff. Thanks.

I have a few vintage carts and constantly have to get creative with their related repairs as parts for them simply don't exist. Heck, I am currently using a tractor trailer heater blower fan switch for speed control on an old Pargo.

Your ingenuity is both impressive and appreciated.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:53 AM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Cheap G1 accelerator/ stop switch

Ditto what Lochlin said; nice work!!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha