lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2020, 05:28 PM   #1
22 MarkMark
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Just picked up a 83” G1

So helped out a customer and got / Purchased his non-running G1 .
~ Wiring is mess , Fuel horrible , just figured out that It is probably missing the engine shrouding ( I’m guessing that this is like all lawn mower fan cooled engines and have shrouds ) , that’s the start .
~ Have now gotten spark- no engine ground , as well as grounds mounted to frame - not battery .
Trying to get fuel from tank to fuel pump and carb . The tank and carb are cleaned , hoses appear to be good .
~ So ... where is best place to find shrouds for engine ? Assuming that it should have them , the engine looks like an air cooled engine the old snowmobiles .
Any help and or suggestions would be great , this is the first one I’ve been into , all I’ve done is go golfing in a few . Thanks!!
22 MarkMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2020, 06:18 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Just picked up a 83” G1

The G1 engine is very similar to the Yamaha Enticer 250 snowmobile engine. The G1 does not have a reverse gear in the transmission, the engine runs in reverse. There are two sets of solenoids on the fenderwell, these control the forward and reverse. The starter/generator will run in both directions via the voltage from the solenoids. This is the only Yamaha cart that will be like this. It's very unique.

With that said, you won't find any shrouds new, you'll likely have to find a used engine with the shrouds on it, or find someone who has some laying around.

Read this:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=76176

And read the rest of the G1 stickies at the top of the Gas Yamaha section. We'll help you as much as we can. Good luck!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 05:25 PM   #3
22 MarkMark
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well looked at a G1 for sale close to home and got a few pictures of the shrouds / covers so I know a little more what to look for .
Are there any golf cart used parts dealers / business ? Totally new to these .
Thanks for info so far
Old 08-23-2020, 06:13 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22 MarkMark View Post
Well looked at a G1 for sale close to home and got a few pictures of the shrouds / covers so I know a little more what to look for .
Are there any golf cart used parts dealers / business ? Totally new to these .
Thanks for info so far
There's a "Parts" section here on the forum. Just make sure to put what you're looking for in the title. Something like: "WTB G1 engine shrouds"
Old 08-23-2020, 07:18 PM   #5
22 MarkMark
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hadn’t had time to look around much , got it started today in fwd , but not reverse . Some research tomorrow on wiring and try again .
I’m still restricted on posting parts for some reason... or I’m doing something wrong .
Did find some shrouds on EBay , not crazy about price , but gotta get them , so a little more looking around , thanks slonomo !!
Old 08-23-2020, 08:22 PM   #6
rib33024

You need more than 3 post to be able to post in the for sale forum
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:55 AM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

There you go, I'd post up in the parts section. Someone on the forum has those shrouds. There's a pretty loyal G1 following here.
Old 08-24-2020, 07:02 AM   #8
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

clean and or replace the high voltage cables ( from starter to battery and to the solenoids) these are a common area of voltage drop causing all kinds of issues

theres a link to the G1 service manual at the bottom of my post
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha