lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #1
fastvetZ06
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Slow Speeds are a NO-GO for my EZ-GO

Have a 2002 EZ-GO gas cart I just finished and the thing just wants to go fast. I put new stock belts in it so I don't know how it acted before. If I try to do slow speeds on the cart paths it jurks....kinda seems like it all or nothing. Any ideas what adjustments I should make??
fastvetZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2009, 06:12 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Slow Speeds are a NO-GO for my EZ-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastvetZ06 View Post
Have a 2002 EZ-GO gas cart I just finished and the thing just wants to go fast. I put new stock belts in it so I don't know how it acted before. If I try to do slow speeds on the cart paths it jurks....kinda seems like it all or nothing. Any ideas what adjustments I should make??
add some slack in the cable at the carb or loosen up the cable going to the governor some.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:52 AM   #3
fastvetZ06
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Jon, I think I figured it out last night. Seems the throttle cable needs to be replaced. When you slightly press the throttle, there is to much resistance in the cable and the return spring on the carb doesn't pull it back. Removed the cable from the carb and there seems to be good return pressure on the spring. Might try cleaning the cable first.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

yep, a bad cable will do that too, i've waisted lots of time trying to make cables work right again, anymore I replace them in efforts to preserve what little sanity I have left.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #5
fastvetZ06
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the advice Jon, I installed a new throttle cable and now it drives like new. I can crawl or do 22+ MPH
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO