lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2021, 11:18 AM   #11
hbseth
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lithium Pack Build Questions

Awesome! You and I are building the EXACT same battery bank. I'm putting my cells in an 07 TXT. How is this going so far? I came across your thread looking for the same BMS question you had. I was gonna do 48v because I have a controller that can do it but I just figured I would stay at 36v for the first year just to see if It was enough. Carts pretty fast as is. I wonder if we can sell our Lead Acids for what we paid on these EVE cells? lol.
hbseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2021, 11:50 AM   #12
hbseth
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What charger are you using?
hbseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 01:14 PM   #13
BigzB
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbseth View Post
Awesome! You and I are building the EXACT same battery bank. I'm putting my cells in an 07 TXT. How is this going so far? I came across your thread looking for the same BMS question you had. I was gonna do 48v because I have a controller that can do it but I just figured I would stay at 36v for the first year just to see if It was enough. Carts pretty fast as is. I wonder if we can sell our Lead Acids for what we paid on these EVE cells? lol.
This has been a long project but I have it running, still have more work to do though. I bought this cart as a basket case. No controller, solenoid, batteries, missing wiring, front steering missing, deep body scratches, just all kinds of problems. I bought a 350a controller instead of the stock 250a on Amazon. Top speed today was 20mph. I went with a JBD 20a bms. This bms has a buillt-in high voltage cutoff. I was able to verify it does stop charging so I don't need a HV relay to shutoff the charger. I still need to wire the low voltage relay into the key switch. Next step is building something to contain the batteries and secure them down. I live on a 1 mile smooth road so I might take it for a few laps tonight to see what kind of distance I will get. So far I've gone a mile and lost .05 ah. I ordered the wrong charge and just noticed the other day it says for lead-acid on it so it's going back to Amazon. I'm still trying to find a different one. I know they make them similar to the one I bought because that's how I made the mistake. I'll post a link to the wrong one in case you happen to find lithium version. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also including a pic with the disclaimer I'm not finished yet. It still look ugly lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20210617_170623649.jpg (308.5 KB, 0 views)
BigzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:11 PM   #14
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Body color appears to be nice. Blue.....very blue!!
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:08 PM   #15
BigzB
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Body color appears to be nice. Blue.....very blue!!
Metallic Blue, it was a pain to paint but it's what the wife wanted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20210617_203721358.jpg (383.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-18-2021, 06:41 AM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigzB View Post
Metallic Blue, it was a pain to paint but it's what the wife wanted.
Oh that's very nice!

But....I'm partial to blue.
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 08:29 PM   #17
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice looking cart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigzB View Post
I ordered the wrong charge and just noticed the other day it says for lead-acid on it so it's going back to Amazon. I'm still trying to find a different one.
I bought a charger from Luna Cycle. It has a knob on the end to charge to 80%, 90% or 100%.

They make several lithium smart chargers with this cool little feature. According to their website they make a "36v (10S) charger max voltage is 42v, the 48V (13S) charger's max voltage is 54.6V, the 52V (14S) model of chargers max voltage is 58.8V. the 72V (20S) chargers max voltage is 84.0V"

Here is the link to their 36v (max 42v) charger. Remember to make sure your charger cutoff AND your BMS cutoff are both within the safe range of your batteries. Redundancy is good.
https://lunacycle.com/luna-charger-3...ebike-charger/
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 08:48 PM   #18
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have that Luna Cycle charger for my Ebike. One thing to note on the 90% and 80% - it just terminates the charge at a lower voltage - it does not adjust the actual constant voltage value so it terminates the charge rather than tapering it down like it should be done. It would have been a better design if they changed the applied constant voltage - which is what I could do with my charger I use on my cart.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:09 AM   #19
BigzB
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info on the Luna charger, I might go that route. Anyone have ideas for a battery case? Dimensions are 17.5" L x 5-6" W. I forgot to measure height but I'm guessing 8"?
Old 06-24-2021, 03:03 PM   #20
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The Luna charger is slow, so know that going in. I bought a second charger but it terminates at 58.8V. They almost always have a pot in there to adjust term voltage so I need to go into the charger and search for that before I use it. But the Luna is mounted under the seat of my cart so it's just too easy.

For a cover I took some black plastic sheet and heated it with a heat gun. It is the same plastic sheet I use to make a water cover for my chargers so if water runs in beside the seat it doesn't drop on them.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO