lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #21
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

Default Re: 2002 Club DS IQ. Want to go fasssster.

dtkana are your brakes holding up with the speed increase? i have afriend who is gonna get his cart modified as well and was told he would be hitten the 30mph mark also on his 2003cc. his brakes are no different than any other cc rears and i was thinking he should upgrade them as well to a disc package or get front drums also. what do ya think?
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2010, 07:41 PM   #22
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have not had a problem so far but I don't really drive crazy. I let it slow down on its own most of the time like I drive my truck. My wife would be the go fast lock up the brakes type and that might cause a problem!
dtkana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #23
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

He is definitely one of the nicest people I have ever dealt with. He knows what real customer service is and is willing to do whatever it takes to make a customer happy. I don't know why he doesn't have a website or something, unless he just wants to stay small or it is a hobby.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #24
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkana View Post
He is definitely one of the nicest people I have ever dealt with. He knows what real customer service is and is willing to do whatever it takes to make a customer happy. I don't know why he doesn't have a website or something, unless he just wants to stay small or it is a hobby.
He told me its just a hobby to him and doesn't want to sell a bunch, then it would be more like a business. Nothing but good things to say about him
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #25
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
He told me its just a hobby to him and doesn't want to sell a bunch, then it would be more like a business. Nothing but good things to say about him
Kind of what I thought from talking to him.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Just a thought, so let me know what you think.... but 30mph? The only place you are gonna do 30mph is a street or someplace likely shared with cars, bicyclists, etc. A place subject to the occasional surprising event like somebody not looking before backing out into the street from their driveway?
If this was the case I would want adequate braking power. Stock golf cart brakes are only good to about 15 mph.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #27
chris1434
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

dtkana, one other question I thought of. I have a backseat on my cart and frequently ride 4 people (wife and 2 kids). I wouldn't necessarily want to go 30 with kids on the back but curious if the lower torque would be a problem just riding around at a "normal" speed. Have you ridden 4 on yours for any length of time to be able to comment if there is a torque concern?
chris1434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:21 AM   #28
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

I don't have a rear seat. Don't know what the reduction in torque is, I have not noticed much. I call mine the sport model, no backseat. I am looking for another to lift etc...
Old 03-13-2010, 08:24 AM   #29
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1434 View Post
dtkana, one other question I thought of. I have a backseat on my cart and frequently ride 4 people (wife and 2 kids). I wouldn't necessarily want to go 30 with kids on the back but curious if the lower torque would be a problem just riding around at a "normal" speed. Have you ridden 4 on yours for any length of time to be able to comment if there is a torque concern?
With 4 people including a rear seat plus HD springs increasing your cart weight and an upgraded motor, 24mph is most likely where you would be, if that.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #30
chris1434
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks scubabud. I currently have the high speed code in it (I think it's code 4). With 4 people on it, I am fine with the current speed. It's only when my wife or I are on it by ourselves or just the 2 of us that I would like a faster speed. We only ride in the neighborhood (which is early in development so not many homes) and there are several very straight, long stretches. The main concern was would the faster motor reduce the torque to the point of causing some problem/damage because of the strain or somehow slow me down more than I am now. 20+ with 4 people and almost 30 by myself would be excellent.
chris1434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car