lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #11
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Default Re: after nine holes

Take battery voltage readings, while on the charger, near the end of the charge cycle. Post those results. I'll explain the results.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #12
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Aren't there any rules or a chart we can go by like the charge chart here ?
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-readings.html
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:03 AM   #13
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXEROFCARTS View Post
Take battery voltage readings, while on the charger, near the end of the charge cycle. Post those results. I'll explain the results.
How does one go about determining when the charge is "near the end of the charge cycle", is this a number on the ampmeter , 10? 5?, 3? amps?
Is it the amount of time it has been charging ? 1, 5, 7:28 Hours ?
Is it the tone of the HUM in the transformer , WHAT ?

Please let us know so we can test , PLEASE ?????
Old 03-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #14
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Im tapping into some common sense here. So if my cart charges for 9 hours, I know at 8 hours to go out and check the battery voltages. I also don't know how mechanicly inclinded some of these indiviuals are. Do I explain all the safety precausions that should be taken? Im taking some things for granted. Also you can't go by the amp meter, as that does not tell you if your batteries are charged or not.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:09 PM   #15
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Im tapping into some common sense here. So if my cart charges for 9 hours, I know at 8 hours to go out and check the battery voltages. I also don't know how mechanicly inclinded some of these indiviuals are. Do I explain all the safety precausions that should be taken? Im taking some things for granted. Also you can't go by the amp meter, as that does not tell you if your batteries are charged or not.
If these people knew everything about carts they would not be asking ?

Well since they have a problem and are fairly new here , do U really expect him/her
to know when they should go back based on the statement "near the end of the charge cycle".

What next, suppose they guess right or wrong and come back and give U a number , 60.1 Volts , what do U tell them then , no not good enough wait longer, Good replace all the batteries ? WHAT ??????
If you can't explain the process or are unwilling to do so then the post is BULL, and it's best U don't say anything.

We are all hear to
A. Learn
B. Teach (help)
C. Pay it forward
D. Make short statements, that only U understand with no explanation, .
E. Tell everyone how smart we must be because we've been fixing carts since before they were born.

U probably do know a few things we don't , but if U can't/won't explain them they are useless on this forum.
Open up, spend the time to write it down HERE !
Old 03-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #16
jlutsey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

so i just checked the pack voltage after several hours off charge and it read 49.6V each battery tested out at 8.2V the batteries are Trojan 860.

I appreciate the help but in my limited knowledge on these carts i have to say that i don't think it's the batteries....When i'm riding it will go fine for a while and then feel like you reduced the "trottle" a bit and then speed up. Sometimes it will stay slow and sometimes it runs fine. Could it be the F/R switch? when i put it in reverse, i have to hold down the pedal for several seconds before it moves.....???
jlutsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #17
jlutsey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

after looking at the sticky again i see that i'm only getting %70 charge on the pack. time for new batts...are the 875's worth the extra money over the 860's?
jlutsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #18
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlutsey View Post
so i just checked the pack voltage after several hours off charge and it read 49.6V each battery tested out at 8.2V the batteries are Trojan 860.

I appreciate the help but in my limited knowledge on these carts i have to say that i don't think it's the batteries....When i'm riding it will go fine for a while and then feel like you reduced the "trottle" a bit and then speed up. Sometimes it will stay slow and sometimes it runs fine. Could it be the F/R switch? when i put it in reverse, i have to hold down the pedal for several seconds before it moves.....???
If you have a automatic charger wait until the charger shuts off .
Always wait at least 1 hour to allow the voltage to settle after charging before U take the readings .

It really sounds like Batteries but let charge complete then wait 1 hour and post results here. How old are the Batteries ?

Here is a Battery comparison chart which may help in your decision , should U need new Batteries.
PS: the NEW, US batteries are as good or better than Trojan's , so I've
heard and less $$

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...omparison.html
Old 03-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #19
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
How is this possible??? You'd still read what the charger is still charging!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLEEMO View Post
If you have a automatic charger wait until the charger shuts off .
Always wait at least 1 hour to allow the voltage to settle after charging before U take the readings
Some, 50% of people do it this way... (When it should be 99%)

When I had to take care of the ex's 98 48V,
I would NEVER check the voltages of the batteries, while it was on the charger...
main reason... FALSE readings from the charger!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #20
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLEEMO View Post
If these people knew everything about carts they would not be asking ?

Well since they have a problem and are fairly new here , do U really expect him/her
to know when they should go back based on the statement "near the end of the charge cycle".

What next, suppose they guess right or wrong and come back and give U a number , 60.1 Volts , what do U tell them then , no not good enough wait longer, Good replace all the batteries ? WHAT ??????
If you can't explain the process or are unwilling to do so then the post is BULL, and it's best U don't say anything.

We are all hear to
A. Learn
B. Teach (help)
C. Pay it forward
D. Make short statements, that only U understand with no explanation, .
E. Tell everyone how smart we must be because we've been fixing carts since before they were born.

U probably do know a few things we don't , but if U can't/won't explain them they are useless on this forum.
Open up, spend the time to write it down HERE !
Take a chill pill.

If your going to tackle fixing your cart I think It is safe to assume, you have some tools and knowledge and that your not going to jump into something that you have no reason to be trying to tackle. Im not going to go on a Ford forum site and try to replace the fuel pump on my diesel. My statement "near the end of the charge cycle" I beleive is pretty self explainatoy, I've posted that many times and you are the FIRST to come back and question what that means. There is no dobt that this stuff I could do in my sleep and I do take for granted that people understand what I am saying. If needs to be clearer, let me know. Ive also learned that if you give too much info, people come back with what they THINK you want and it is made up, they didn't really do the test and we hae to start all over. I do try to keep it simple. " Take individual battery readings near the end of the charge cycle". I look at that statement as very clear on what to do. So I will be clear with this statement " if you don't understand the test I want you to do...ask me for more help".
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car