lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2010, 06:28 AM   #11
breugel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Wiring problem? Need a different point of view.BAD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwh3rd View Post
Oh yeah I forgot to add that the 10 amp fuse was blown but the cart would run anyway. From what I understand it should not have been able to.
You are correct. Check every wire that leaves the neg of the battery.
breugel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #12
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Something is definitely screwy here. You are correct that the cart should not work with the ground fuse blown. Is there anything else on this cart-other than the lights- that does not work properly or has been modified? Check the fuse again and see if it is blown. It may have blown immediately the next time you started the cart. Remove the fuse and try to start the cart. If it starts without the ground fuse in place, that line is going to ground somewhere. Chafed wire in the harness maybe? Let us know what you find.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:39 AM   #13
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

kwh3rd, any luck in nailing down your problem?
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:55 AM   #14
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

not yet! I am about ready to pay someone to figure this out.I was a professional installer of car stereos and accessories for 10 years and I cant figure this out. Its so frustrating. I cut out every wire from everything. Head lights,tail lights,turn signals,brake light,all switches,radio,amp,everything. Then I just had the cart completely stock. It will run fine except when I ground 1 thing to the battery it all screws up again. The only way it worked was when you had me run a test jumper wire from the neg. to the chassis to the engine. Then everything worked o.k. together. I am not to keen on running new wires over the motor or around so they are not in the way because it should be grounded without doing it. My other problem is that if I take out the 10 amp ground fuse 5 times out of 10 it will run, and the other 5 times it wont and needs it in there. I have inspected every inch of that wire and cant figure it out. I think I am losing hair!lol! Any thoughts?
kwh3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha