lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2010, 08:15 AM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: OBC

glad to hear it, you,ll find one just remember what i told you about cutting the power....................................... ..
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #12
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just an FYI. I have spoken to Ken from Japlar Schauer numerous times and the charger that they make WILL work with the existing OBC without issues., it will also work with the OBC "bypassed".
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you tell us more or link us to the charger specs which say so or?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:59 PM   #14
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I haven't read all the rules of this forum yet, so I am unsure about the rules regarding posting of links to others websites. There isn't alot of information on the companies website regarding the full specs of the charger, we had them mail the details to our shop as we wanted to carry an inexpensive alternative to the factory charger. I will take a solid state charger that has virtually no weight any day over the old Transformer based chargers especially considering most of our shops customers are well over 60 years old and have trouble lifting the transformer based models. Also, the fact that these chargers will "pick up" voltage from as low as 4-5 volts and turn on was a huge benefit for our customers that go north for the summer.

If this gets edited I apologize in advance:
http://www.battery-chargers.com/catalog/page7.pdf
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

just talked to matt the lucky dog is at camp.......wish it were me but i have to much to do around the house and shop and the wife has me on a short leash................anyways he put the new solenoid in and cart is running fine now..............a little slow he said but he has yet to break in the batteries so i told him no worries things will pick up when he breaks them in................glad it didn,t cost you a bundle matt i know you were sweating it for awhile....................lol..............let us know how it works out after your weekend.........also told him to get touchy feely with the cart to get used to it since i think hes going to be doing his own maintence and repairs.......and suggested he buy a service manual for it...............so who knows who has the best price on manuals? anyone......they are one of the few things i can,t get at dealer rate so i can,t help but would like to try and find him one at a reasonable cost............................
Old 06-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #16
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
just talked to matt the lucky dog is at camp.......wish it were me but i have to much to do around the house and shop and the wife has me on a short leash................anyways he put the new solenoid in and cart is running fine now..............a little slow he said but he has yet to break in the batteries so i told him no worries things will pick up when he breaks them in................glad it didn,t cost you a bundle matt i know you were sweating it for awhile....................lol..............let us know how it works out after your weekend.........also told him to get touchy feely with the cart to get used to it since i think hes going to be doing his own maintence and repairs.......and suggested he buy a service manual for it...............so who knows who has the best price on manuals? anyone......they are one of the few things i can,t get at dealer rate so i can,t help but would like to try and find him one at a reasonable cost............................
I bought mine from TahoeDawg's Club Car dealership that he works at. For my Precedent it cost under $30 delivered.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #17
ms223
Not Yet Wild

Just wanted to give an update:
Put the new solenoid in and the cart worked fine. Talked to Tom and told him it was running a little slow. He suggested how to break the batteries in correctly.
Put the cart on the charger Fri into Sat. Batteries didnt seem to juice up any. Fri night they were at 49, Charged into Sat and still @ 49. Drove the cart some on Sat. Batteries down to 48.6, Put on charger into Sun. Still at 48.6 in the morning.

Dont know what the problem is now.
Maybe the batteries are still full and wont kick the charger on?
Any thoughts?

Got to get some ideas before I hit camp on Sunday. I'll be up there for the week.
ms223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:21 PM   #18
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms223 View Post
Just wanted to give an update:
Put the new solenoid in and the cart worked fine. Talked to Tom and told him it was running a little slow. He suggested how to break the batteries in correctly.
Put the cart on the charger Fri into Sat. Batteries didnt seem to juice up any. Fri night they were at 49, Charged into Sat and still @ 49. Drove the cart some on Sat. Batteries down to 48.6, Put on charger into Sun. Still at 48.6 in the morning.

Dont know what the problem is now.
Maybe the batteries are still full and wont kick the charger on?
Any thoughts?

Got to get some ideas before I hit camp on Sunday. I'll be up there for the week.
If you still have the OBC connected your aftermarket charger seems like it isn't charging your batteries since they're at around a 50% state. Have you tried to place a jumper on the #10 black lead of your charger receptacle to the main negative battery lead to bypass the OBC? Don't worry about the grey sensor wire since you're not trying to test the OBC with a CC charger, you're just trying to let your aftermarket charger sense the - and + of the receptacle. This is necessary since the #10 lead is fed by the OBC, not the battery as shown in the picture and that's what your aftermarket charger needs in order to charge. That is the bypass you mentioned in one of your posts prior... I've attached a couple of pictures as well as a Bypass PDF file from another aftermarket charger manufacturer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charge Receptacle.jpg (180.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 48 Volt charger circuit.jpg (70.6 KB, 30 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bypass OBC.pdf (551.9 KB, 22 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #19
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

matt follow that bypass from scubabud and see if it makes a difference i think hes right on it.....................................
Old 07-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #20
guntoter
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

can you jump a solenoid on a 2000 clubcar 48 volt?....
guntoter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car