lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2010, 06:18 AM   #1
dkallek
Not Yet Wild

Default pro hauler need more speed

I have a 2005 yamaha pro hauler 700,Iam trying to get a little more speed out of this thing it tops out at about 25 mph. I believe there is a govener on this that can be removed. anyone know about this. i have seen a previous posting on here that states that his goes about 55mph is that possable?I have also read on here that you can buy a wider belt what does that do?
dkallek is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2010, 06:44 AM   #2
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: pro hauler need more speed

You can remove the gov. and get a couple more mph on the high end but, you need to get a tach or have a real good ear to keep from over reving the engine. 55mph on the stock power is NOT going to happen with out some major work and even then I dont think that motor has what it takes to make that speed.
Frankly, 25mph is real respectable! I got about 32-33 mph out of my stock Yamaha with the gov. removed. But again, you risk engine damage if you just stab and go.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yamaha pro hauler 700
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha