lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
reichebrown
Not Yet Wild

Default 82 36volt Club Car lacks power

I have an 82 36 volt club car that lacks power. I do hear all five clicks as you press the accelerator down. Clicks 1, 2, 3, and 5 all have a surge of power, but click 4 does not. Any thoughts?
reichebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 82 36volt Club Car lacks power

Check #4 solenoid connections and for clicking, and resistor coil for poor connections or cracks through coil. If you dont find any problem there look at micro switches inside pedal control box
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
reichebrown
Not Yet Wild

Which one is number four from the drivers side? How does one check the solenoid?
Old 07-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

As I remember it would be the 4th one from drivers side toward passenger side. To check the "SAFE WAY" is to switch with a NEW SOLENOID? This sounds extreme but bad solenoids are common with this type of speed control ( each time pedal is pushed they open and close contacts thousands of times over short period of time ) and many cart owners replace ALL AT SAME TIME rather than doing one at a time? I have removed the first solenoid ( master feed for safety as rest of solenoids in case of stuck one causing a RUN AWAY ) and replaced the suspected bad one? This is one reason that many owners replace this setup with modern solid state controls that are much less likely to break down, and gives more power, speed, and battery range and life. Another way to check is, ( NOT SAFE ) #1 after turning off key and #2 putting in neutral and #3 then jumper across with heavy wire ( I use a car jumper cable ) from connecting buss bar ( flat brass bar that runs length of 4 solenoids toward front of cart) to resistor side ( large post ) of number 4 solenoid. #4 Then close compartment and #5 sit down and #6 turn on key, #7 put in gear and LOOK OUT AS CART MAY start to moving at that speed without hitting pedal. If you have not done this before I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING IT AT ALL. This will confirm that solenoid internal contacts are bad.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
reichebrown
Not Yet Wild

I jumped it like you said and it gave me nothing on the fourth one from the drivers side. I then tried jumping to the 5th and it gave me nothing but top speed when i pressed the pedal. I the tried jumping to others and got nothing but three, and then the cart quit. Is there a master fuse or something or did I just mess up my cart big time?
Old 07-13-2010, 05:39 PM   #6
reichebrown
Not Yet Wild

These things are complicated.... I think I might have found the source of my new problem. My F&R limit switch does not make a clicking noise when switching from F to R. I took the two wires off the switch and and jumped it. The cart now moves when the pedal is depressed. Could I have fried the limit switch while trying to jump the solenoids?
Old 07-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #7
reichebrown
Not Yet Wild

Is this the proper replacement for the F&R limit micro switch?

http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/prod...tm_medium=base

Is this an acceptable solenoid?

http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf...1%201113%2036V

Also is there somewhere else I should spend my money other than BU?

Last edited by reichebrown; 07-13-2010 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: More info
Old 07-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

well since this is where the help is coming from i would check the sponsers here and even a few of the members i,m sure you,ll find it worth it..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #9
reichebrown
Not Yet Wild

I went with www.everythingcarts.com and saved about $16 thanks for the tip Shadowman!
Old 07-16-2010, 03:33 PM   #10
reichebrown
Not Yet Wild

got my parts today and getting ready to put them on the cart now! Ill let you know
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car