lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2010, 07:40 AM   #11
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Replaced OBC, Charger is good, good cables, Specific gravity is off the charts, b

So it's 0823et... as you saw above I unplugged the charger at midnight for saftey concerns. This morning after being off the charger all night the pack voltage reads 51.1v

Batteries in order of 1-6

Specific gravity continues to read about close to 1300 on all cells.

I have some 2ga welding cable, I may make a set of cables for the batteries as that's the only thing that has not changed, but I don't see how this is going to help.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2010, 07:47 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Replaced OBC, Charger is good, good cables, Specific gravity is off the charts, b

I would check the resistance on the charger wires going from the charge receptacle to the pack. Replace them if the resistance is too high, then drive it for 30 minutes and re test the charger... Your readings are high because the pack has not had enough time to completely settle but, yeah it appears fully charged. Maybe you can load test the batteries after you drive if for 30 minutes?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:17 AM   #13
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did a load by the foot on the brake and full throttle method...

Battery 1 which was 8.3 fell 7.9 All others fell .3 volts. Batt 1 appears to be the weak link but the voltages and gravity still indicate it's good.

I also just took it for a two mile drive. The battery cables are way to warm in my opinion so am going to replace them and stick back on the charger... And Scotty couldn't find any resistence issues in the charger port wires.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:27 AM   #14
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think it mat be a heat problem,when I have batteries that get to hot from charging I stop charging and let them sit overnight to cool off.In the morning when its cool charge them again and they usually charge right up.You know when you are charging you are putting heat into the batteries and its hot outside to and they wont take but so much.I have even put a fan by the charger to help cool it on a hot day.Hope this helps.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #15
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, I didn't have 4 ga welding cable left for batteries... only had 2 ga so made a set of cables for it anyway out of 2 ga, this will definately eliminate any resistance issues in the battery cables. As of 0947et it's back on the charger.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #16
rib33024

Your battery thats 8.3 is only 50 % at a full charge

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #17
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Your battery thats 8,3 is only 50 % at a full charge

Yep saw that, testing one more time with the new cables and if it doesn't come up then I suspect that battery.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #18
rib33024

and you said under a load it's 7.9 thats 40% not good--

see what happens with the new cables good luck
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #19
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I would not pull the plug until it hits 61 or 63 v ... give it a chance to work

Agree... mine goes to 63v to 63.7v near the end of the charging cycle, (during the equalization process.)

pictures shown below...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0988.jpg (119.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0989.jpg (96.0 KB, 2 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:44 AM   #20
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

One way or the other the cables that were on it was the crap 4g automotive cables that are not fine strand and are usually full of resistance. So with that said... well see that it does. But I think a new battery is in order.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car