lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
cwhatter
Not Yet Wild

Default 88 ezgo controller upgrade

I am in the process of upgrading my cart to a controller cart with a 400 amp allterax controller. Has anyone done the upgrade on this exact model. I am confused about the wiring diagram from alltrax because it is showing how to upgrade from a cart that is already a controller cart. If anyone can help I would appreciate it
cwhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 ezgo controller upgrade

Wiring should not be a problems, since you are pretty much redoing the whole thing. Look up at the stickies on top and find a wiring diagram for a stock marathon. you can also go to vintagegolfcartparts.com. they also have diagrams. You can even use some of the Melex diagrams, which are pretty much ezgo and might match up better if you are gonna mount to things upfront on the old speed board. Are you planning on mounting the potentiometer to the speed board? or did you buy a whole new linkage setup ?

good luck
joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Heres a couple of schematics that may help in your quest . Just be sure and study the diagrams real good....when you make the last connection do so very gently. You dont want sparks for sure.

89-93 speed control

This is a stocker that would be equivalent to yours. Its basically 1 year newer. Same with the one above. Keep in mind that the Alltrax throttle wires and Key on positive wont be identical to the stock diagram. You can use the Alltrax diagram to figure the throttle wire connections. Basically, the Throttle connections on a Curtis controller is small terminals 2 and 3, on an Alltrax AXE the throttle terminals are 1 and 2. Key on positive for an Alltrax is terminal 3 and 1 on a Curtis....The Axe has half speed reverse terminal too. Just study the diagram real good and you'll be fine.
series wiring

Heres a resistor to controller thread. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/extre...ontroller.html

And heres a plain jane series wiring diagram with an Alltrax. It has no interlocks for simplicity so use at your own risk. Only has key on and she's lit.

simple series diaggram
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
cwhatter
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your help. I think I have all of the high voltage part wired up, but am a little confuesed about the smaller wires on the F&R switch as I dont see those in any of the diagrams. Are these still used, and if so does anyone have a schematic of those?
cwhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
royce
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

wow thanks this is just what I have been looking for. Now it's off to the races.
Thanks
Roycde
royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO