lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Time/tools involved 6" spindle lift?

What type of tools do I need to install a 6" spindle lift on my precedent? I'm sure it will be a Jakes kit but haven't ordered it yet. Also, is it something I can do myself or are a second pair of hands a must?

Not sure what I need but I've collected quite a bit of tools when I was doing my own mods to my Harley. So, I have a bike/ATV lift that should be more than capable of lifting the cart as well. I also have a bottle jack if needed. What I don't have are jackstands. I might be able to use something else or borrow one or two but not sure where I'd find four unless I go out and buy them. I was thinking, rather than doing the front end, then the back, or vice versa, maybe I could jack up one side of the cart and do that and then do the other side?

How much time should it take and is there a concern with wheel alignment or toe after putting everything together? Is that adjustable?
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Time/tools involved 6" spindle lift?

Floor Jack, jack stands, standard tools, sockets, 9/16" most common on CC, and some lock tight.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
lizardman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Time/tools involved 6" spindle lift?

On first read of your post, I thought you said you had a bottle of Jack. Probably not the best tool to use, but try it and let us know!
lizardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:07 PM   #4
redberanclubcar
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: Time/tools involved 6" spindle lift?

Sounds like a good reason to go out and buy some jack stands to me
redberanclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car