lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Which Motor?

I'm looking to upgrade my motor. I have a 2003 CC DS IQ cart. I just put a 6" lift and 23" tires on the cart. Now I'm looking to upgrade the motor and controller. I'm want a 500 amp controller cause I will be using this buggie for hunting.I will be going up some steep hills and I'll need a motor for maximum torque. I will be upgrading the battery cables also. I've been looking at Plum Quick and D&D motors, just not sure which motor would be the best for a IQ setup. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Greg
gcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which Motor?

PQ knows the IQ cars inside and out. I would contact them with info about your cart and terrain and ask for their suggestions.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

I went the D&D route. Have the controller and that made a huge difference but havn't upgraded motor yet, still contemplating converting it to 4x4 which would require diferent motor. But I like my short turn radius.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have installed both with very good results so take your pick? Both have good phone info help when last I used them.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #5
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've talked with them at Plum Quick, I'm going to send my motor to them and have it reworked into the Bandit. After I get the motor back, I will see how much more torque I will have. If I think I want more torque after I install the purple motor, I'm going to upgrade the controller and battery cables. I would like to upgrade everything at once but it's to close till christmas.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcs13 View Post
I've talked with them at Plum Quick, I'm going to send my motor to them and have it reworked into the Bandit. After I get the motor back, I will see how much more torque I will have. If I think I want more torque after I install the purple motor, I'm going to upgrade the controller and battery cables. I would like to upgrade everything at once but it's to close till christmas.
You will have a bit more torque but a lot more top speed. If you could stretch out a few more bucs, I would invest in a set of 2 or 4ga cables with that new motor for now. Cables also help a tad with torque. bit + tad = tadbit
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #7
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have ordered 2ga cables. I going to install them when I send my motor to Plum Quick.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #8
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car